Samsung Galaxy A5 SView window on without a S view cover

Bra Taylor

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Galaxy A5 2015 edition.

It has decided to stay in the S view window mode even though there is no cover on it and only sometimes momentarily goes into normal mode, this is very frustrating as obviously I can't use my phone when it's like this as it believes its locked/closed

Restarting it doesn't help and when it has momentarily gone normal I have navigated to accessories but there is no option to disable, only to enable or disable keeping phone locked if cover is opened. Briefly after returning to normal it'll go back into S view mode as if there was a cover and it had been closed.

I have not tried to factory reset yet - Hoping to not have to go down this route, and am concerned that it may hardware that is faulty and not a software glitch.

Has anyone else experienced this with this or another Samsung phone with this feature.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there anything remotely magnetic near the phone? S View covers and similar types of flip covers usually work by triggering a magnetic sensor in the phone. So if you have some other magnet near that sensor, it might make the phone think that the S View cover is closed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante