| || |
Phone blew up!!!
Ive just sent my phone back to virgin for a repair. At the weekend the phone was saying "charging paused battery temp too high/low" it eventually charged so I didnt think much of it. On tuesday 2nd the phone was turned off and when I went to turn it back on there was a strange static noise and it wouldnt turn on (i was aware it needed charging) I opened the phone up and there was no damage I could see to either the phone or battery and there was a burning smell coming from the top of the phone where the sim card/camera is.I unscrewed the cover and found 3 components next to the headphone socket of which the middle one was burned out. It had literally blew up.There is no water damage that im aware of but Im acutely aware that virgin are known for not performing repairs due to ''water damage''. Samsung have already told me that they wont fix it if virgin wont. Please can someone tell me where I stand on this, I need the smartphone but havent the money to go and buy a new phone or pay a hefty bill for a repair which I know is from a faulty phone.The phone is only 7 months old. Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus