can't access recovery mode following my attemp to install CWM on my samsung ace

yossibs

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
my samsung galaxy ace s5830 runs android 2.2.1 and it is not rooted yet...
I wanted to install CWM and I followed this step by step guide.
I downloaded the recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-galaxyace-fix.zip file to the sd card and went into recovery mode to install the zip file as required.
However I couldn't find the option "install zip from SD card" or a similar one at the recovery mode, but only the option to apply sdcard/update.zip.
so I renamed the downloaded recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-galaxyace-fix.zip to update.zip and executed the option to apply the update.zip file.
log was fine and then i rebooted the system (through the recovery mode option).

since then I cannot access the recovery mode anymore (i've tried home+reset buttons as well as all the other options), instead when trying to go into recovery mode I only get the SAMSUNG logo (with Samsung's website address bellow the logo) and it stay in this state until I plug out the battery.
I've tried to plug out the battery for long time, but it didn't help.

i can go to "downloading..." option though, but it doesn't help me (same for the safe mode).

it may be important to mention that I can turn on my phone and use it with no problem.

Any idea how can I access the recovery mode?

Thanks

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm...
Not all is lost.
(I can't remember how to put your phone in recovery mode anymore...)

But you can find some apps capable to do the same job in the play store.

About the update you done.
Is likely that is faulty.

*You can try and fix that by doing a factory reset.
*And if that didn't work than you can always flash your firmware again using "Odin" and will fix it.

Hope all works for you eventually.

Sent from my GT-I8160

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae