App Default Storage Question

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hope this question doesn't sound crazy.

Say you have the option ticked for apps to be downloaded to the SD card as default, and you install an app from Google Play Store that can only be used on the Device storage, i.e on the phone instead of the SD card, does the app install on the device and bypass the default instruction?

Or is that option for either Device or SD card only for internet app downloads such as Apk ones?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with that default setting--is that on your Samsung system settings menu? I don't see it on my Razr Maxx, or in Google Play.

My guess is that setting the option to download to the internal SD by default will apply only to those apps that are moveable to the internal SD. As you know, certain apps aren't moveable, so those will just install completely to Application Storage.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not familiar with that default setting--is that on your Samsung system settings menu? I don't see it on my Razr Maxx, or in Google Play.

My guess is that setting the option to download to the internal SD by default will apply only to those apps that are moveable to the internal SD. As you know, certain apps aren't moveable, so those will just install completely to Application Storage.

I really can't remember where I saw that option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers