Can't use data in Russia, 3G or edge.
Just unlocked my Galaxy Discover (almost identical to Ace) and tried to install the MTS sim card I have had in my BB Bold 9900 for 3 months. I can make calls but no data with 2g/edge or even in 3g area. The phone wont switch to 3G at all. However the same sim in the BB lets me browse the net on 2g/edge and switches to HSPA/3g automatically. Have tried mucking with the service menu and tried auto settings and Russia specific but maybe this phone just isn't compatible. The BB is ok but I want to use the android apps for navigation etc. Please advise ty.
- 08-23-2013, 11:45 AM #2
- 2,166 Posts
- MoDaCo Switch Beta 8
Re: Can't use data in Russia, 3G or edge.
Did you fix the APN settings for the phone? If those are not configured properly, you won't be able to use data. I'm not sure what settings you need, so call your provider in Russia and ask them how to set it up.
- 08-25-2013, 11:52 PM #5
- By Kellia Montgomery in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 2Last Post: 11-19-2013, 06:25 PM
- By douglerner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 31Last Post: 08-28-2013, 10:25 AM
- By Miguel Angel8 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 3Last Post: 08-26-2013, 07:28 PM
- By panhandler in forum HTC One XReplies: 2Last Post: 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM
- By Alan Sims in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM