- 3 Posts
How to change csc when current rom is a single-csc rom
I've been having problems with this for a while now.
Currently I am using Ultimate StockRom v6 on my canadian 5830, the csc is TLS (Canada).
I want to change my csc to Germany, since I can't use UMTS in Germany right now ( while HSDPA/3G worked in the US as well as in Ireland - thus I am hoping to get UMTS connectivity when using the German csc).
I assume to have a single-csc rom right now since calling *#272*IMEI# leads to TLS as the only available option.
When I flashed Stocklite v8 there was just TLS to choose as well.
How can I change my csc now ? Do I even need to flash a different ROM to do so ? If so, what ROM can I use for that purpose ?
Thanks in advance
- 3 Posts
Re: How to change csc when current rom is a single-csc rom
I got it, using DBT now.
Just in case that somebody reads/needs this:
There was the Canadian firmware installed on my phone first, thus my CSC was still TLS after Ultimate StockRom was installed (USR v6).
To change my CSC to DBT I did as follows:
- Rebooted into Android Recovery and did "factory reset" as well as "wipe cache"
- Installed German firmware "S5830XWKTR_S5830XWKT8_S5830DBTKT4_HOME.tar.md5" (found on sammobile webpage) using Odin Multi Downloader 4.42 with gio.ops.
- Changed CSC to DBT by dialing *#272*IMEI# (IMEI found in settings)
Since I want to use USR v6 I did the following:
- Rebooted into CWM and did "factory reset" as well as "wipe cache"
- Rebooted into Android Recovery and flashed Clockwork Recovery 4 (CWM 4)
- Rebooted again and flashed CWM 5
- Rebooted once more and flashed USR v6
Now I enjoy my new CSC (DBT) running on a custom rom (USR v6 in this case).
Unfortunately UMTS is still not working for me....
- By jeffreii in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 11-10-2013, 12:07 AM
- By serenemind in forum Moto XReplies: 40Last Post: 08-31-2013, 02:16 AM
- By douglerner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 26Last Post: 08-29-2013, 11:26 PM
- By mccornwall in forum VerizonReplies: 5Last Post: 08-29-2013, 02:04 PM
- By kesh.govender in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2013, 08:53 AM