Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160) HELPPP!

Last night, I was trying to update my phone to 4.1.2 via Odin.....so I downloaded the firmware in SAMMOBILE containing "MD5" only. So, i started updating by ODIN BUUUTTT the only thing is I didn't know that the "MD5" was only compatible in "PDA" section so i putted it in 3 sections (PDA, PHONE, CSC).....then started updating....and after a minutes I got a message "FAIL!" in Odin.....so I thought it was just a simple FAIL so I shutted down my phone....THEN AFTERWARDS, MY PHONE CANNOT GO ON, CHARGE A BATTERY, EVEN RECOVERY NOR DOWNLOAD MODE CANNOT BE ACCESSED.

SO I CALL YOUR ATTENTION, THE PROFESSIONALS HERE PLEASE HELP ME I THINKED MY PHONE IS FULLY HARD BRICKED!.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160) HELPPP!

Yep i think the phone is hard bricked if it won't do anything.

Posted via Samsung S3

Global Posts
    21,553 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160) HELPPP!

Quote Originally Posted by John Matthew Reyes View Post
    Last night, I was trying to update my phone to 4.1.2 via Odin.....so I downloaded the firmware in SAMMOBILE containing "MD5" only. So, i started updating by ODIN BUUUTTT the only thing is I didn't know that the "MD5" was only compatible in "PDA" section so i putted it in 3 sections (PDA, PHONE, CSC).....then started updating....and after a minutes I got a message "FAIL!" in Odin.....so I thought it was just a simple FAIL so I shutted down my phone....THEN AFTERWARDS, MY PHONE CANNOT GO ON, CHARGE A BATTERY, EVEN RECOVERY NOR DOWNLOAD MODE CANNOT BE ACCESSED.

SO I CALL YOUR ATTENTION, THE PROFESSIONALS HERE PLEASE HELP ME I THINKED MY PHONE IS FULLY HARD BRICKED!.
    Welcome to the forums!
    See your other post.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here