Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Last night, I was trying to update my phone to 4.1.2 via Odin.....so I downloaded the firmware in SAMMOBILE containing "MD5" only. So, i started updating by ODIN BUUUTTT the only thing is I didn't know that the "MD5" was only compatible in "PDA" section so i putted it in 3 sections (PDA, PHONE, CSC).....then started updating....and after a minutes I got a message "FAIL!" in Odin.....so I thought it was just a simple FAIL so I shutted down my phone....THEN AFTERWARDS, MY PHONE CANNOT GO ON, CHARGE A BATTERY, EVEN RECOVERY NOR DOWNLOAD MODE CANNOT BE ACCESSED.

SO I CALL YOUR ATTENTION, THE PROFESSIONALS HERE PLEASE HELP ME I THINKED MY PHONE IS FULLY HARD BRICKED!.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last night, I was trying to update my phone to 4.1.2 via Odin.....so I downloaded the firmware in SAMMOBILE containing "MD5" only. So, i started updating by ODIN BUUUTTT the only thing is I didn't know that the "MD5" was only compatible in "PDA" section so i putted it in 3 sections (PDA, PHONE, CSC).....then started updating....and after a minutes I got a message "FAIL!" in Odin.....so I thought it was just a simple FAIL so I shutted down my phone....THEN AFTERWARDS, MY PHONE CANNOT GO ON, CHARGE A BATTERY, EVEN RECOVERY NOR DOWNLOAD MODE CANNOT BE ACCESSED.

SO I CALL YOUR ATTENTION, THE PROFESSIONALS HERE PLEASE HELP ME I THINKED MY PHONE IS FULLY HARD BRICKED!.

Welcome to the forums!
Yes, I think it is. The forced MD5 file in anything other than the PDA was probably what did it.

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep it was all my fault.........the only thing I need to do is to go to Download mode but I can't enter to it neither buttons or taking out battery like that. So, any idea how can I get there?

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Why trying to update like that when the update is already available on kies and ota ?

Why trying to use odin and not knowing how to use it ?

There are plenty of forum's and thread's explaining how to use Odin and how to flash firmware in this or any other devices.
But I guess you didn't bother to do that...

Yes you bricked your device.
And if you are unable to boot in to recovery mode or download mode than I must say is ... Hard Bricked.

The only way to bring that device back to live is by using jtag.

But in your case I seriously advise you to take it to a repair a shop familiar with Samsung devices and the procedure to revive hard bricked devices.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Odin is for developers and for people that know what they are doing.

:what: How can you find it easier if you just destroyed your phone while attempting to use it...

Here the instructions to boot the device into recovery and download mode.
● It will work on a functioning device and on a soft bricked device.
● It will not work on a hard bricked device.

Recovery mode ( power button + volume up + home button)
Download mode ( power button + volume down + home button)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
You can't access something that is no longer there.

The only way to bring that brick back to live is by using "jtag".
You can buy it on ebay but any mobile phone repair shop that is familiar with Samsung devices can fix the phone.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2