- 2 Posts
Can't receive certain texts...?
I am having a problem receiving certain text messages. If the character count surpasses the160/1, I don't receive the message. I have tried restarting the phone, I changed some of the message settings, deleted conversations and photos in case memory was the issue, and nothing is working. Please help!
- 01-03-2014, 05:42 PM #2
Re: Can't receive certain texts...?
This is usually in the carrier's end, not the phone (except in one case). If the message exceeds the maximum length, the carrier usually splits the message in several ones, and should deliver them properly (and separately) to your phone.
Other carriers, however, turn these longer messages into MMS, and this is where it might be your phone... If your phone doesn't have the proper configuration (server data, user, password, etc.) for MMS FROM YOUR CARRIER, it won't work. Most carriers can send an SMS to your phone to automatically load all the necessary info, but some require you to pay a visit to a physical store.
- By mhans311 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-06-2014, 06:42 AM
- By shoii in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 01-08-2014, 11:56 PM
- By zBernie in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 01-07-2014, 09:41 AM
- By bgbird in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 01-05-2014, 03:47 AM
- By gwtiburon in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-03-2014, 11:38 AM