1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Samsung Galaxy ace is running extremely slow, Ram usage sky high.

Had the phone for about a year and a half, have quite a few applications but none of which i would imagine would be constantly running in the background. My storage is fine as in - i have plenty of space left. when i press "clear ram" it goes down to 300... I understand my phone is quite old now but the phones performance has greatly decreased since i bought it. I also sometimes cant press my keyboard on my phone, the letters dont come up and i have to keep going of and back to the message.

Any suggestions? thanks

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: My Samsung Galaxy ace is running extremely slow, Ram usage sky high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys Edwards View Post
    Had the phone for about a year and a half, have quite a few applications but none of which i would imagine would be constantly running in the background. My storage is fine as in - i have plenty of space left. when i press "clear ram" it goes down to 300... I understand my phone is quite old now but the phones performance has greatly decreased since i bought it. I also sometimes cant press my keyboard on my phone, the letters dont come up and i have to keep going of and back to the message.

Any suggestions? thanks
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try turning off the phone and rebooting into recovery. Hold both the volume buttons, home, and power until you see the Samsung logo, then release. When in recovery, select wipe cache partition. Then reboot.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: My Samsung Galaxy ace is running extremely slow, Ram usage sky high.

Will these delete any files or apps i have?

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys Edwards View Post
    Will these delete any files or apps i have?
    No.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here