Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Samsung Galaxy ace is running extremely slow, Ram usage sky high.

Had the phone for about a year and a half, have quite a few applications but none of which i would imagine would be constantly running in the background. My storage is fine as in - i have plenty of space left. when i press "clear ram" it goes down to 300... I understand my phone is quite old now but the phones performance has greatly decreased since i bought it. I also sometimes cant press my keyboard on my phone, the letters dont come up and i have to keep going of and back to the message.

Any suggestions? thanks

Global Posts
    30,884 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: My Samsung Galaxy ace is running extremely slow, Ram usage sky high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys Edwards View Post
    Had the phone for about a year and a half, have quite a few applications but none of which i would imagine would be constantly running in the background. My storage is fine as in - i have plenty of space left. when i press "clear ram" it goes down to 300... I understand my phone is quite old now but the phones performance has greatly decreased since i bought it. I also sometimes cant press my keyboard on my phone, the letters dont come up and i have to keep going of and back to the message.

Any suggestions? thanks
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try turning off the phone and rebooting into recovery. Hold both the volume buttons, home, and power until you see the Samsung logo, then release. When in recovery, select wipe cache partition. Then reboot.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: My Samsung Galaxy ace is running extremely slow, Ram usage sky high.

Will these delete any files or apps i have?

Global Posts
    30,884 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys Edwards View Post
    Will these delete any files or apps i have?
    No.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I just stumbled on this fix. If only I had known months ago it would have saved a lot of frustration. Thanks!

thats also happened to me but ive only had the phone for 4 months now, my battery keeps dying quicker then normal because there is so much on my phone... It keeps saying I have no storage but when I check its fine? I went to the place where I got the phone and the said I had to wipe the phone or reboot it but they said it might not work... I tried it and now my phone works fine and its not as slow

Having problem doing the steps. Do I have to press the vol , home and power buttons all at the same time?
    thanks!