Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 won't connect to home wifi

Luca Smoydzin

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I've been having an issue with my galaxy ace 2 for two days already. My phone suddenly doesn't connect to the home wifi anymore. It works fine with public wifi's though so it can't be a problem with the phone.

Every time I try connecting it at home it first says 'authenticating' , then 'remembered, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK' and then 'disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK'
I entered the correct password, I tried codes like *#525#* or something like that (don't remember, found it somewhere online) to reset the wifi in my phone I guess,
I restarted the router, I turned my phone off and on.

Every other device still works well with the home wifi.

I don't really know much about phones or routers so I have no other idea what else to do, I searched a lot of forums but nothing I read could help.

I read something about changing the mac address in the router setup?
The thing is.. it's my host family's wifi and I don't want to mess around with something before I tried everything else. I need a way to fix it without influencing other devices, if that is possible :)

Any other ideas on what I could try?

Thanks a lot! :)

Luca Smoydzin

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, but unfortunately none of those tips help.
I will try to "forget" my network when I am not close to the house and then try it again though..
It worked for 4 month without a problem now so I don't understand why it suddenly isn't able to connect anymore. Nothing got changed and all other devices still work.

Luca Smoydzin

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Will a hard reset help at all?
I would be so happy if I could solve this problem without loosing all my data but I really don't know what else to try.
I read something about changing the mac address in the router? Could that be the problem and if so, how do I fix that?
Thank you! :)

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Delete/Forget your home router from your phone and remove the battery from your phone for at least 40 minutes.
Read the troubleshooting instructions of your router, follow the instructions to a T and finally start a fresh connection.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

beckyfoster

May 3, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung S4 stopped connecting to my home WiFi several weeks ago but would connect to other WiFis, so I knew there was nothing 'wrong' with my phone. And, since all of my other devices were connecting with my router, I knew that it was working. So, I looked up the SSID on my router and went into the WiFi edit screen of my phone and put that number in. My phone prompted me to sign in to my network as it was setting up. I haven't had anymore problems with the connection since then. I'm not familiar with the Ace 2, but you could try this.

Becky

Vonbare

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem with my Galaxy and I struggled to find a solution for months. But today, I upgraded the firmware on my ROUTER (nothing to do with my phone) and voila! My phone connected straight away to my wifi.

Might be worth checking your router firmware.

Goodluck :)

Exonim

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Same problem :( this started when I upgraded my android to CM7 (also I installed Kernel 7) Everything worked fine on my phone but, when it comes to wifi, and not public network but exactly wifi, it doesnt work DDDDD: plz someone help if can... also ive heard that you have to upgrade your router firmware.... how do I do that?
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:':)eek:

Marc Bordeau

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi oeverybody,

I've been having an issue with my galaxy ace 2 for two days already. My phone suddenly doesn't connect to the home wifi anymore. It works fine with public wifi's though so it can't be a problem with the phone.

Every time I try connecting it at home it first says 'authenticating' , then 'remembered, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK' and then 'disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK'
I entered the correct password, I tried codes like *#525#* or something like that (don't remember, found it somewhere online) to reset the wifi in my phone I guess,
I restarted the router, I turned my phone off and on.

Every other device still works well with the home wifi.

I don't really know much about phones or routers so I have no other idea what else to do, I searched a lot of forums but nothing I read could help.

I read something about changing the mac address in the router setup?
The thing is.. it's my host family's wifi and I don't want to mess around with something before I tried everything else. I need a way to fix it without influencing other devices, if that is possible :)

Any other ideas on what I could try?

Thanks a lot! :)

Hi Luca. Sorry to hear of your problems. I seam to be having the same can't connect to house router. Suppose I was really hoping you managed to fix your connection. Any info you have would be helpful. Hope your connection is ok now. Have a nice day n a lovely evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge