1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 won't connect to home wifi

Hi everybody,

I've been having an issue with my galaxy ace 2 for two days already. My phone suddenly doesn't connect to the home wifi anymore. It works fine with public wifi's though so it can't be a problem with the phone.

Every time I try connecting it at home it first says 'authenticating' , then 'remembered, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK' and then 'disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK'
    I entered the correct password, I tried codes like *#525#* or something like that (don't remember, found it somewhere online) to reset the wifi in my phone I guess,
    I restarted the router, I turned my phone off and on.

Every other device still works well with the home wifi.

I don't really know much about phones or routers so I have no other idea what else to do, I searched a lot of forums but nothing I read could help.

I read something about changing the mac address in the router setup?
    The thing is.. it's my host family's wifi and I don't want to mess around with something before I tried everything else. I need a way to fix it without influencing other devices, if that is possible :)

Any other ideas on what I could try?

Thanks a lot! :)

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 won't connect to home wifi

Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide, and see if any of the tips help: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you, but unfortunately none of those tips help.
    I will try to "forget" my network when I am not close to the house and then try it again though..
    It worked for 4 month without a problem now so I don't understand why it suddenly isn't able to connect anymore. Nothing got changed and all other devices still work.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Won't work either..
    A friend told me to put in a IP address manually and I tried that but it still won't work.
    I don't know what's wrong..

Try wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting "wipe data/factory reset," make sure you select "wipe cache partition."

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks, did that but it still won't work :S
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Will a hard reset help at all?
    I would be so happy if I could solve this problem without loosing all my data but I really don't know what else to try.
    I read something about changing the mac address in the router? Could that be the problem and if so, how do I fix that?
    Thank you!

Delete/Forget your home router from your phone and remove the battery from your phone for at least 40 minutes.
    Read the troubleshooting instructions of your router, follow the instructions to a T and finally start a fresh connection.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk