Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to get videos on to computer??

hi all,
    i have the galaxy ace 3. its a brand new phone.
    my old phone was the ace 1 and i previously just used to email myself the video file then open it on my computer.
    on my new phone i cant do this as it keeps saying cant attach a file bigger than 25mb!
    i tried to connect the phone to the computer via USB but it comes up found new hardware and wont recognize any software to connect it. My netbook has Windows XP.
    I pulled down the notifications bar on the phone and selected to connect the phone as a camera and tried to go to Computer then selected the folder GT-S7275R it comes up as a blank folder. Nothing there to copy over.
    I dont know what to do next! There must be a way! I dont want to upload directly to youtube as I need to edit the videos and join them together in Movie Maker.
    Any help?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: how to get videos on to computer??

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Homes View Post
    hi all,
    i have the galaxy ace 3. its a brand new phone.
    my old phone was the ace 1 and i previously just used to email myself the video file then open it on my computer.
    on my new phone i cant do this as it keeps saying cant attach a file bigger than 25mb!
    i tried to connect the phone to the computer via USB but it comes up found new hardware and wont recognize any software to connect it. My netbook has Windows XP.
    I pulled down the notifications bar on the phone and selected to connect the phone as a camera and tried to go to Computer then selected the folder GT-S7275R it comes up as a blank folder. Nothing there to copy over.
    I dont know what to do next! There must be a way! I dont want to upload directly to youtube as I need to edit the videos and join them together in Movie Maker.
    Any help?
    I would try updating your PC drivers for Samsung. The can be found on Samsung's website. Try different ports too.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    colinkiama likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

hi, ive downloaded Kies from the Samsung website. It seems to of worked as now I can bring the files up through My Computer and copy them over. Not great with computers but at least I can manage now! Thank you

Global Posts
    20,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Homes View Post
    hi, ive downloaded Kies from the Samsung website. It seems to of worked as now I can bring the files up through My Computer and copy them over. Not great with computers but at least I can manage now! Thank you
    Sorry for the delay in replying. Glad you got everything sorted.

See you around the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here