Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Water damage to phone

Can anyone please help me? I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Ace into water recently, and the phone will not charge. I've bought a new battery but the problem is still there. If I buy a charger which the battery slots into (like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/PURPOSE-SAMS...r-21&m1k=vb_ac), will it work?
    As well as this, the wifi does not work. Should I consider buying a new wifi antenna or is there no point?

Default Re: Water damage to phone

Welcome to Android Central! Water can quickly render some or all of your phone's innards useless. It's probably best to look for a new phone, but maybe others here have other tricks up their sleeves.

Default Re: Water damage to phone

Quote Originally Posted by gjones1 View Post
    Can anyone please help me? I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Ace into water recently, and the phone will not charge. I've bought a new battery but the problem is still there. If I buy a charger which the battery slots into (like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/PURPOSE-SAMS...r-21&m1k=vb_ac), will it work?
    As well as this, the wifi does not work. Should I consider buying a new wifi antenna or is there no point?
    Take the back of your phone and take the battery, Sim card and memory card out and leave it in a bag of rice for at least 24 hours....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk