...dissapointed in the Galaxy Alpha

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
A few points about Alpha which I have not bought but might soon.

Good point about going Backwards-why did Samsung not give it their best ?

Answer-it's for a different Market...OK but WHO are they ?
Like Hendrix watering down his brilliant, progressive, amazing GuitarPlaying/ Writing because he wanted to be more Pop-had he done that, he would not have been Hendrix, Beatles, Steely Dan, etc etc.
Who wants a weaker Camera ?
It is the SAME,sensor as S5, clocked down to 12 Megapixel.
Not a money saver.

They will soon have a 2500Mah Battery/Backplate kit-why not make it flush with back Camera in the first place, and make it GREAT like Note 4 ?

Brandon Lee Roy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
A few points about Alpha which I have not bought but might soon.

Good point about going Backwards-why did Samsung not give it their best ?

Answer-it's for a different Market...OK but WHO are they ?
Like Hendrix watering down his brilliant, progressive, amazing GuitarPlaying/ Writing because he wanted to be more Pop-had he done that, he would not have been Hendrix, Beatles, Steely Dan, etc etc.
Who wants a weaker Camera ?
It is the SAME,sensor as S5, clocked down to 12 Megapixel.
Not a money saver.

They will soon have a 2500Mah Battery/Backplate kit-why not make it flush with back Camera in the first place, and make it GREAT like Note 4 ?
Wtf are u talking about.....

-Sent from Samsung Galaxy Alpha

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
IMO if they had released a 4.7 phone with almost same specs as Note 4 (except screen), the cost would have been extremely high. I dont hink people would really want to pay that premium. The on contract price would probably have been at the 250 range, not to mention they might have been tip toeing along biting into the sales of the Note 4. But Im just a guy guessing. Personally I like the option of the alpha. My wife loves samsung products and this might be her next phone simply because of what she sees. Not whats under the hood and listed on paper but what she physically sees, which is a beautiful display (to her) smaller phone, great build quality and awesome camera. Thats all she needs.

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
IF they had bumped the Alpha up to Note 4 specs , it would NOT be extremely high priced, maybe the same as Note 4, another $100.

Reviewers and Developers and people like me who need a powerful , pocket sized Phone with an excellent Camera would love it.

Samsung most likely used the S5 Camera Sensor and clocked it DOWN to 12 Megapixels to not step on S5s toes, not realizing S5 is near end of Prime and not realizing that smaller screen lovers are different from large screen lovers (as Apple does, 2 Flagships).

I HOPE in 2015 Samsung has 3 Flagships

4.7" and the S6 medium Phablet and the Note-Large Phablet.

There are MANY of us who are physically active who have no place to carry a large phone who will pay 750 for a great 4.7" Phone with state of the Art Camera.

Who can USE the phone and Camera for work and play.

Athletes, Architects, Artists, Real Estate Pros, Interior Designers and many many more will buy a power packed 4.7" screen Device
that is thick enough to have a 2800 to 3000mah battery-about 8.0 -8.5 mm thick and Alpha sized.

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
100% agree.that would be perfect.

DITTO!

I've been considering the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and this Samsung Alpha too. The Sony didn't compromise like Samsung did. Why "down feature" when down sizing?

I think the new Samsung S6 might look like the Alpha and come in different sizes without much or any down featuring (some S6 articles picture a corner of the Alpha ;-) ). My fingers are crossed for a January release or at least news.

The only reason I am holding off on the Sony Z3 Compact is that I have a Samsung Gear S that won't work with it. I hear the Sony overlay is really light and it flies...

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
DITTO!

I've been considering the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and this Samsung Alpha too. The Sony didn't compromise like Samsung did. Why "down feature" when down sizing?

I think the new Samsung S6 might look like the Alpha and come in different sizes without much or any down featuring (some S6 articles picture a corner of the Alpha ;-) ). My fingers are crossed for a January release or at least news.

The only reason I am holding off on the Sony Z3 Compact is that I have a Samsung Gear S that won't work with it. I hear the Sony overlay is really light and it flies...
Well I just parked my s4 and got me a new orange Z3 compact and can say it's just amazing. Way faster and smoother and just crazy battery life also love the size not to small and not to big.
Honestly makes my Samsung S4 feel slow over all great experience plus water proof and works sweet with nova pro launcher plus don't forget magnetic charging that is a must I find.
So far very happy just wish there was more cases for it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I just parked my s4 and got me a new orange Z3 compact and can say it's just amazing. Way faster and smoother and just crazy battery life also love the size not to small and not to big.
Honestly makes my Samsung S4 feel slow over all great experience plus water proof and works sweet with nova pro launcher plus don't forget magnetic charging that is a must I find.
So far very happy just wish there was more cases for it.

This is going to sound silly but a key criteria for me in selecting a phone is how many and how readily available (spelled retail) are cases, tempered glass, and other accessories. If Amazon is the only place I can get the accessories I want for the phone I won't buy that phone. Too many good phones that I can run down to the store and get what I want for that phone to be giving myself an accessory headache.

A case and a tempered glass screen protector is an absolute minimum requirement for any phone I'll consider and a case and screen protector is required for any tablet. Peace of mind.

from the IV

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
This is going to sound silly but a key criteria for me in selecting a phone is how many and how readily available (spelled retail) are cases, tempered glass, and other accessories. If Amazon is the only place I can get the accessories I want for the phone I won't buy that phone. Too many good phones that I can run down to the store and get what I want for that phone to be giving myself an accessory headache.

A case and a tempered glass screen protector is an absolute minimum requirement for any phone I'll consider and a case and screen protector is required for any tablet. Peace of mind.

from the IV
Agreed...I got my cases and tempered glass from Amazon no big deal only a 2 day wait and u can't much the price so far market is limited but z3c is new plus being water proof and kind of odd on port placement it limits cases made.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Agreed...I got my cases and tempered glass from Amazon no big deal only a 2 day wait and u can't much the price so far market is limited but z3c is new plus being water proof and kind of odd on port placement it limits cases made.

I should have qualified that as my 95/5% rule. If the phone is exceedingly awesome I'd be willing to rely on Amazon as its only source for accessories. The Note 3 and Note 4 are in that 5% for me, yet their protectors are readily available.

from the IV

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams