Extend Battery Life

Rukspc

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Been using Alpha for over one month and the only complaint I have is that the battery life is lousy. I shut off all apps when I'm not using them and dimmed the brightness. Sometimes I can't even go the whole day without charging. Are there any other tricks to preserve battery life? Other than that, it's a pretty durable and stylish device.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Been using Alpha for over one month and the only complaint I have is that the battery life is lousy. I shut off all apps when I'm not using them and dimmed the brightness. Sometimes I can't even go the whole day without charging. Are there any other tricks to preserve battery life? Other than that, it's a pretty durable and stylish device.

i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot/Tethering. Toggle on only as needed. (Switch to "Battery Saving" Mode).
2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum Acceptable to you.
3. Sign out of any unused Google Services like G+, Google Now, etc.
4. Disable Location Reporting/History.
5. Beware of constantly syncing in background Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, Google News and Weather, Google Currents, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more and change settings to stop the syncing of data you don't need. Delete the Apps you never use.
6. Turn Off Hot Word "Hotword Detection" Always Listening Mode in Google Search if you don't use it.
7. Turn Off Auto Camera/Photo Upload or at least set it for Upload on WIFI Only.
8. Turn Off Vibrate on Touch for Display, Keyboard, etc.
9. Turn Off Touch Sounds and Unlock Sounds.
10. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use a dark wallpaper if possible.
11. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
12. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
13. Uncheck "Always Scanning" in WIFI settings.
14. Turn Off Always Vibrate in Gmail/Email.
15. Be careful of using too many Live Widgets and what/how often they sync.
16. Set MS Exchange Sync at 30 Days or Less.
17. Do NOT use a Task Killer App or Battery Saver App.

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

GenkiStarLeaf

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Which variant of the Alpha do you have? I'm using the International Exynos variant and from 100% - 16% I get just over 10 hours and 50 minutes. In terms of battery life the Alpha for me is an absolute beast considering it's running on a measly 1860 mah battery as well. Probably the first proper battery optimised Android handset I've come across. Make sure location services is on either GPS only or Power saving which is what I usually keep it on. As some have already mentioned as well you can always look into buying the extended battery too.

Last edited:

Najumal ubaid

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Dear all,
I bought a new Galaxy alfa, its my first and last android phone, Like every user i was feeling the battery life is not enough for the device.
Even authorized service cannot able to fix that problem, the major battery drain is caused by the Data connection and back ground data.
Now i am using the phone with data package off and i switch it on when ever necessary.Now the phone is giving me one days battery life. See the attached screen shots.
Screenshot_2015-02-10-22-46-44.png Screenshot_2015-02-09-18-56-53.png Screenshot_2015-02-10-22-46-44.png

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it is caused by some app that constantly need to use data to sync. From the screen shot, your phone spent most time awake. That's definitely not good even if you have a bigger battery. The thing with Android is that it let's you do a lot of things at the same time in the background. But with that flexibility, comes even bigger responsibility for the owner. Don't install all kinds of apps that you don't need or don't have idea what it does to your battery.

Mine can easily last one day with data on and three push email accounts.

benj0219

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it is caused by some app that constantly need to use data to sync. From the screen shot, your phone spent most time awake. That's definitely not good even if you have a bigger battery. The thing with Android is that it let's you do a lot of things at the same time in the background. But with that flexibility, comes even bigger responsibility for the owner. Don't install all kinds of apps that you don't need or don't have idea what it does to your battery.

Mine can easily last one day with data on and three push email accounts.

Mine easily also last a whole day with out of the box settings

Sendt fra min SM-G850F med Tapatalk

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting 3-4 hours of screen on time with the stock battery. That's pretty great for how tiny the battery is.

I also ordered the 2500 mah battery. I'm hoping to get 4-5 hours of SOT with it.

Posted via the Android Central App