Wifi issue

Mfra566

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
My wifi on my Alpha has been terrible. It will work for roughly 5 minutes and then it won't load anything (Websites nor apps). I tried restarting the phone to reconnect, reset router, tried different networks to make sure it wasn't mine, but now I'm out of ideas. All other devices in my home work perfect on the wifi just not the galaxy Alpha. I've had the phone since the end of December, which this problem has been since then, but i had hoped a fix would of come out.

Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

Jorgen Kragh

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Just hint out of the blue; I'm no expert Try disable "change btw 4g and wifi to optimize". I've checked that out myself because I have - sometimes - the same problems.

Mfra566

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I had thought about that too a couple of weeks ago, but that didn't fix it either. I just swapped the dns on the phone to read the Google dns so maybe that will fix it. I guess I will know soon, but if anyone else has any ideas let me know! Thanks for your reply.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't have that wifi problem. It might be related to your router. My ASUS router was notorious for this problem. I have to replace it with a different router.

Also, make sure you have enough signal strength. And use 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz band.

Mfra566

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
PROBLEM SOLVED.

So incase anyone has this problem here is what I finally did to get it to work properly.

I went into the wifi settings menu. Selected my home network and clicked forget. Once I did that, I reselected my home network and selected advanced settings. I swapped it from DHCP to Static and went into my router to find my ranges. Under static I set my IP address as a random range (Example. 11.0.0.122) and then made sure my gateway was the same as my default gateway. From there I set my DNS 1 as the google DNS (8.8.8.8) and DNS 2 as the secondary google DNS (8.8.4.4). This made it work perfect.

Hope this can help out!!

Thanks for all the advice.