Why hasn't my Galaxy Alpha gotten the Lollipop upgrade yet in the UK?

A

AC Question

SAmsung galaxy alpha lollipop uk

I have a Samsung galaxy alpha g850f which I bought at the end of may . It is unlocked. I am still waiting for the lollipop update. When I contacted samsung they said the have released the update to uk carrierS. Why have I not got it with an unlocked device? Is there anything I can do?

Ste Wilkins1

May 7, 2014
Visit site
The UK is one of the worst when it comes to simfree updates with Samsung they have something in place with the carriers that they get the updates first & the simfree some months after it's the way it been since the S3 days.

I have the simfree Alpha and I'm not bothered about Lollipop 5.0.2 as it's a disaster, better to stick with 4.4.4 and wait for 5.1.1 being released if it ever comes to simfree Alpha that is.

The other option if your desperate for quicker updates is to flash one of the carrier updates, I'm on Three so I could if i want flash the Lollipop update to my phone using Odin, but the downside of this you could end up with the bloat from that carrier luckily Three doesn't pack any bloat other than the flashscreen into it's updates.

Personally though stick with 4.4.4 it's much better than Lollipop 5.0.2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia