How do I recover my contacts that have disappeared randomly

Mike Davidson87

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I have recently done the system update to 5.0 and thought it was great. But then all of a sudden, the majority of my contacts have disappeared and now I only have a few remaining.

I have been told a potential solution, but having tried it twice it hasn't worked so was hoping someone else had any ideas. The solution I have tried is to open My Contacts, click on the dots and got to settings, then to click Contacts and select Contacts to display and select All. Having tried this a couple of times it doesn't work so I hope someone else has another solution.

Cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know which account those contacts were saved to? If they were saved to your Google account, then it shouldn't be a problem, since they would've been synced automatically to your Google Contacts in the cloud. Go to google.com/contacts to see if they're there.

If you only saved them to the local Phone account, then you might be stuck, since that account doesn't sync anywhere automatically. This is why I always recommend saving contacts to your Google account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87