Volume

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The volume on the Galaxy Alpha is way too low, it is just about inaudible. Does anyone have something I can try?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

Do you mean the ringtones are too quiet, it's too quiet when you are talking on the handset speaker, or it's too quiet when you are listening to music on the handset speaker? Or it is too quiet with speakerphone, headphones, and Bluetooth as well?

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I rarely use Bluetooth and I never use it for sound. I would need to use headphones just to hear anything. Just about anything that comes out of the speaker is too low whether it's a video on Facebook, a YouTube video, or even if it's something downloaded to the phone. I can't hear ringtones or notifications unless I put the phone in coffee cup. A few days ago the sound was loud enough. I thought the speaker was blown or damaged in some way so I took the phone apart to have a look. Everything was fine so I'm thinking it's a software issue.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you received any OS updates since the time that the sounds were ok?

If not, what else changed since the sounds changed?

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Nothing really has changed since the sound started being low. I'm always checking for the Marshmallow update, but I did that a lot when the sound was audible. I read that Marshmallow may not be available for this phone until Q2 (if Samsung deems this phone worthy) so I kinda gave up on that. It has been awhile since I have installed or installed any apps. The last thing I did before the sound went low was I streamed a movie on Amazon Video (I hate steaming). I can't recall if anything changed since the sound changed. I want think the low sound is the default for this phone. I remember this problem when I first got the phone. The volume increase must be something I did, but I can't remember what that was. Unless I jump back in time or my brain decides to work, It seems there is really nothing I can do with out rooting, but I can't do that. Someday I'll have the LG V10 and thing will be a dust collector.

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol, the little holes for my speaker were filled with crap. I got so hung up on it being a software problem that I didn't stop to think about simple ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC