Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey all, I've signed up to ask for help as I'm desperate.

Long story short, I dropped my Alpha and cracked the screen (even with a glass protector, which I took off to check if it went through), it has photos and video of my son on it that I hardly ever see due to a marriage break up and I desperately need to get these photos and videos off the phone. I never set up any cloud backup...I guess that's a lesson learnt. I can turn the phone on, but the screen does nothing.

When I connect via USB it says it's empty because the screen is locked and I can't unlock the screen because it's broken.

I know this sounds like a suss story someone would make up because they've stolen the phone, but I swear to god it's not. I'll happily provide any information you need to verify my identity and ownership of the phone.

These photos are from the moment he was born and are supremely important to me. I don't know how else I can access them. Am I at a point where I have no choice but to fix the phone? Due to my job, I had to quickly buy a new phone (Moto G4 Plus...not a fan, but it works) and I'd prefer not to have to shell out to fix the screen if there's a way I can get the photos off without it.

I took a photo of the crack. I did a video of it starting up too, but it won't upload to either here or Photobucket.
I'm at a complete loss as to what I can do now.

IMG_20160817_191001477.jpg

Thank you everyone. Even if you can't help, I appreciate you taking the time to try.

-Paul

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, screen repair will be the only way. You have to able to unlock the device to gain access to your files/pictures. Download Google Photos on your new phone (I think it's already preloaded? ). They give you lots of free backup photo storage. Always be prepared that a phone can just stop working; have a backup strategy for contacts, pictures, videos, notes, calendar, etc.

Posted via the Android Central App