How do I make Micro SD card default storage on my Samsung Galaxy Camera

Steven Brett

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have recently been receiving notifications saying I "Storage space running out" and I don't know how to make the micro SD card the default storage system, it also won't let me move the applications and other downloaded content to the SD card via application manager.
I would much appreciate it if anyone can help me A.S.A.P.

Yours thankfully, Steven

Daniel Ibanhes

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately Android 4.x does not allow applications to be installed on an external sd card.
All apps must be installed on internal memory.
I hope I could help.

MikeOR

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Camera DATA (pictures - not the app) should be able to be stored directly onto an external SD card. I've only had my camera for a day, but I will look into it. BTW, the Samsung Manual leaves a lot to be desired.

Mike OR

May 4, 2013
Visit site
It's easy! On the main camera screen choose Settings/General/ then click external SD card as your default storage.
An even easier method is to remove the battery, then replace it when you will be given the option to set your default storage to ext SD card.

Last edited:

Tsuki Gallardo

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
what I did was I move apps to (extSdcard) one by one ,
just go to *files and then *long press the app you want to move then (click move) after that go to (Sdcard) then click "move here".

hope that help cuz that's what I did on my phone :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not too cool. SD cards write to the same place all the time, internal storage scatters writes. So by running apps that store data in their own folders, you're killing the card long before it should die. Years before.

Michael Lisle

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Tsuki Gallardo, I did it this way to and now all my apps just show the name not the app? and some dont work what did I do wrong? UPDATE I took out my battery for a few minutes and all is good now but how do I get videos music apps and everything ells to download right to the external card because I can only down load things smaller then what data storage is left on my internal memory and that suck because everything I download fill the internal memory up so I need to make everything download right to the external card or make the external card and the internal all the memory as one would be even better why the f*** would android make it like this its a nightmare to deal with how lame?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21