Samsung Galaxy Camera

PJ Brett

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I`m look ling to purchase a Galaxy camera to carry out house inspections. Currently I use a note tablet but the camera is not good enough for what I need. Can I install document software on the camera so that I can take a photo, type in a title, take another photo, type in a title etc etc. and then save the photos and titles as one document. I am looking to product a word document that has a series of photographs in it with a title or explanation under each photo.

The other problem I have is with the software . I use kingsoft office on the tablet but when it brings in the photos it reduced their size and therefore quality. I need the photos to remain at high quality as I am photographing details such as small wall cracks.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.J.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

I think you're in luck as the Galaxy Camera is, as I understand it, pretty much a small Android tablet with a high-quality camera attached to it. So, anything you can do on your tablet you should also be able to do on the Galaxy camera. As far as Kingsoft, I wonder, are there settings that control the compression of images?

PJ Brett

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hiya,

Thanks for that Hallcyon, Yes the camera seems to do what I want but I`ve searched Kingsoft and Polaris but they both seem to reduce the size of the photos, presumable so that the overall documents size is manageable. My problem is that it reduces the quality also.

P.J.

sinophile123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I would like to know if anyone has been successful in getting any of the Samsung apps that remotely control the galaxy camera from tablet or smart phone to work. I have tried a samsung tablet (Note 10.1) a Samsung smart phone ( S4) an Android phablet and even the iOS version of the app on a iPad. All these devices had the latest updates and were in range. This really disappointing and incredibly frustrating, I don't know what Samsung is doing but this app is a really good idea gone incredibly wrong.
:mad: