Google photos problem

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
SD card photos

Has anyone ever placed photos on their SD card, and taken it to walgreens for developing?

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: SD card photos

It should be pretty easy to do. Do you have a specific question about the process?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Yes. Can I remove the SD card and take it to walgreens? Will it read the card just like the one from a digital camera?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes, you should be able to do that. Remember to unmount the card before you remove it. The Unmount option is in Settings>Storage. Then you'll need a full-size SD card adapter, since I would guess that those kiosk machines don't take microSD cards. Once you insert the card into the kiosk, it should prompt you to select the folder with the pictures--look for the DCIM/Camera folder.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Photo storage

Can anyone tell me which photographs are stored on the Samsung smartphone s5. I have two sets of pictures. One set on the Gallery.And the other in Photos. Which ones are stored on the Cloud, if any.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
New Google photo app.

I've been fooling with the new Google photo app since it was released a few days ago. I have just one question. How can I find out what photos are stored directly on my smartphone as compared to what stored in the cloud. Anyone have that answer? Thanks

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google gallery vs new Google Photos

Can anyone tell me how photographs are stored on the Samsung smartphone s5. I have two sets of pictures. One set in the Gallery, the duplicate others in the new Google Photos. Which ones are stored on the Cloud, or on the device? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google gallery vs new Google Photos

Photos that are saved locally are on Internal Storage, usually in the /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera directory. The system's Media Scanner periodically scans the entire storage area for media files (photos, videos, music) and adds those files to the gallery or music databases so that they show up in whatever Gallery app or Music app that you use. So the files aren't actually stored in those apps--the apps just know where to look to access the files.

The stock Gallery and the Google+ Photos apps usually can access the same photos, whether they're saved locally or in your Google+ Photos cloud. However, on some phones, the stock Gallery can only show locally saved photos.

In the Photos app, you can specify to view only locally saved photos by swiping in from the left and tapping Device Folders.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Backup of photos

I now have the new Google photos which states that they do an automatic backup. Can I close out the Google Plus backup? Thanks

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Backup of photos

Yes, you can close Google+ but make sure you get your photos out of it first.

Android user since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Search Google photos

Where is the search key or the enter key so I can initiate a search in Google Photos? Thanks

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Search Google photos

I see that circle and I clicked on it but it takes me to the search bar where I should enter the search item. When I do that there is no bar to search or enter as the instructions called for. There used to be a spy glass for the search item but its not in my keyboard. Please help

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Search function on new Google photo

Is there anyone out there having a problem with the new Google photo search function?. I have the 300 some odd pictures and every search criteria that I enter, produces no results. Help

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Instructions in help in Google Photos do not work for finding photos.

There is no key to ENTER and no key for SEARCH. WHAT Am I doing wrong?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Search function on new Google photo

Is there anyone out there having a problem with the new Google photo search function?. I have the 300 some odd pictures and every search criteria that I enter, produces no results. Help

Are the pictures old and low resolution? Are you trying to do a face search?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Adding captions to photos.

How do you add captions to photos in the new Photos application?

SpiritApps

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Adding captions to photos.

I think you need to install some caption-adding app from Google Play Store. One app that I personally use is Phonto(free app).