Touch screen issues after replacing LCD and Digitizer on Core Prime G360V

Niteraven13

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
A friend of mine broke the screen to his Samsung Core Prime G360V and I tried to fix it for him I replaced the Digitizer and the lcd screen and now intermittently about 1 inch of the screen is non responsive. When you first turn the phone on and you have to enter his pin to unlock it the 1 2 and 3 won't respond then after a minute or so it will like it was hung up is it the digitizer or the LCD that is defective? I can get a refund on both if I send it back now but I dont want to send back the wrong part. Please help us.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Pressing the screen is the digitizer. Whether it's bat or not fully connected is something I can't tell you from here. (Removing it from the screen in one piece is impossible if you installed it correctly, though, ao you'd have to send the whole assembly - screen and digitizer - back.)

Niteraven13

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
the two parts were only connected with one cable so you think its the outer screen that is the issue? I tried connecting and reconnecting the cable and its seated tight obviously since it does work on the rest of the screen all the time as apposed to the center part that is intermittent

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You didn't glue the digitizer to the screen? Read the instructions again - there should be some bonding method. That itself could be causing the problem.

Niteraven13

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
the two parts were only connected with one cable so you think its the outer screen that is the issue? I tried connecting and reconnecting the cable and its seated tight obviously since it does work on the rest of the screen all the time as apposed to the center part that is intermittent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair