If I answer an incoming call, while IN a call I get a message box with choices as to what to do

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
But the sad part is tapping, touching or swiping any of those choices seems to do nothing!

I even forget what the choices are, one is ANSWER and put the first call on hold, second one might be hang up call #1 and take call #2 ...the 3rd I forget. To get this box to appear, I must answer the incoming call, while in an existing call, then the box opens with the three choices. But it seems that none of them work no matter what I do.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again!

I'd have searched but wasn't sure how to phrase the question. <sigh>

Last edited:

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
B. Diddy,

Well I guess you could call it that.
But no matter what the feature is called it seems none of the choices in the message box respond to a swipe, a tap or a hold...

Sorry to be so vague!

IMG_1179.JPG

I must be in a call and choose to answer an incoming call for that message box to appear, but once it's there, I can't make it respond to any sort of action.

Last edited:

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a 3rd party screen dimming app? Those can sometimes impact the ability to tap certain onscreen buttons or selections.

Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27529

I understand why that would affect it, but I don't have one! The screen isn't at full brightness just trying to save the battery!

I will empty the cache and see what it does. I don't normally get a call while in one but it did happen and it stymied me when nothing worked.

Thanks!

25544 Norad

Last edited by a moderator:

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I am still struggling in finding the answer to my question,,, yeah I know it was months ago! But my wife asked me if I had a solution, because she was in a call and got another incoming one today. She didn't know what to do and neither do I. She hit the green icon to answer the incoming call then she got the message box window I sent in post 3 . Tapping it or swiping any of the choices does nothing. I don't understand why the choice of ANSWER CALL is in bold letters, you also can't make any choices from the 3 options IE: You cannot choose to PUT XXX ON HOLD or END CALL WITH XXX. When this box appears, the green and red answer and hangup circle icons are visible but sort of greyed out.

Could it be that the message box isn't meant to be touched at all and its just telling you what you may do? If so how do I do it? What a PITA this is. Mercifully it doesn't happen that often but it pisses her off when it does lol.

Thank you very much btw there is nothing in the online manual that addresses this issue on the Core Prime. There is no 3rd party dimming app on either phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you and your wife are still trying to deal with this. Did you try the cache partition wipe?

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
No I didn't for fear of mucking up even more.... BUT!!! I got the solution to the problem.

When in an existing call use the green icon to answer it.. well it 'sort of answers it'.... then you get the white message box and you have to choose one of the two lower options since you have already acknowledged you have a 2nd call. So choose to put the existing call on hold or hang it up. If you choose to put the call on hold you then get a small menu that shows the status of both calls and from there ...more choices... to either SWAP the calls or MERGE them.

For test purposes I was calling my home number and connecting to the answering machine to keep the line open, then I'd use her phone to call my cell #, as soon as I'd answer her incoming call the answering machine would hang up because it sensed there was no conversation! Whew! But having someone call me and then another person 30 secs later did the trick, and I was able to make the choices above. Had I not been fooling with the answering machine things would have been more obvious. Anyway it's fine now and I'll probably never get 2 calls at once in the next 10 years, but if I do I'll know how to handle it lol! Clear as mud right?

Thanks for your patience,

Cheers 25544

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta