No chime notification when using Google Voice Search

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
The chime or tone when you click the microphone button on the Google Search Bar doesn't work on one of the 2 Core Prime phones we have.
The search works fine but you don't know when to start talking because there's no sound.

I will say that the same sound that is missing DOES PLAY when I use the keyboard and the microphone icon to 'voice type' a text. So the sound exists on the phone but won't play when invoking a voice search.I don't know if it ever worked on the Google Search bar on this phone however.

Things I have tried include many internet searches to no avail, removing and re- installing Google. Clearing the cache didn't help either. The version of Google that is installed is v 6.4.31.21arm ( same as my Core Prime and mine works! ) Go figure! :(

Lots of references to the problem on other droid phones and I've tried all the tricks and still no joy.
I know you guys will have an answer for me,

Thanks

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
nahoku,

That worked great for my phone but my tablet running 4.2.2 has no "switch access" to choose from. Google TalkBack is installed but toggling it off and on as some have suggested doesn't seem to work.

The tablet does vibrate a bit when invoking Ok Google, but that's all it does... any magic fixes for this? (Unlike some I do like the beep/chime whatever)!

I ended up by removing the Google app and reinstalling it..... that allowed the chime/beep to work again. BUT ONCE I INSTALLED THE UPDATE... that killed the beep again, so I have to believe it's related somehow to that update. Note that the app prompted me to update it saying " before you can go any further" install the latest update.

Maybe Google will fix it at some point, there sure are enough complaints about it.

Norad 35544

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol