Why does my wifi keep cutting out?

A

AC Question

Wifi keeps cutting out. I have to keep turning it off then on again.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core 2 with Android Kitkat 4.4.2. I am connected to a router that uses WEP security. Is there a way around this without changing the router´s encryption to WPA?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Wifi keeps cutting out. I have to keep turning it off then on again.

Do you have access to the router? If so...

1. Have your phone 'forget' the WiFi connection. Turn the phone off.
2. Change the router security to WPA/WPA2. This is optional since it probably has nothing to do with connection problems but WEP is a weak protocol and easily broken. Do it for peace of mind.
3. Unplug the router for at least 30 seconds. Plug it back in and allow plenty of time for it to fully reboot.
4. Turn the phone on and try reconnecting.

If you still have trouble post back here and we can get a little deeper into troubleshooting the problem.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Jeffy B

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Ok. I´m at my parents house for the next couple of days and they don´t want to change the WEP at the moment. At my apt, my router is using WPA-PSK, so I´ll try it there. Thx.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Can you do everything else except change the security? And is WiFi a problem everywhere or only where you are now?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Jeffy B

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I did try forgetting the wifi connection then reentering the password, and the problem was still there. Honestly, I just got the phone and haven´t really used it at other wifi hotspots. I will though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams