Why isn't my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime screen switch on?

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy core Prime screen does not switch on

My new samsung galaxy core prime screen does not switch on with the bottom middle button nor by pressing the side on/off button. The screen eventually lit up when I held the side button and gave me the options Power Off /Airplane mode etc. I was also able to wake up the screen by pulling the battery and restarting it. I know the phone is still on cos am still receiving calls/messages but I cannot access the screen. I bought this 2 hours ago and took it straight back but they will not give me a new one because I stuck a protective screen on it (in the shop) and they will only send it off to Samsung to be looked at (min. 2 weeks!) ... anyone have any tips?? Should I just insist on a new one??

WarwolfAA

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Im my opinion overall no. I would rate it 0 stars. I have the same phone with a 2 year contract. It is complete crap. The light up buttons dont work when charging, the charging doesn't even work properly. At about 3 months it just goes down hill. Battery goes out really fast, the phone starts pausing, turning up and down volume without any command. Pulls up random applications at random times. The headphone jack doesn't work, (thinks its plugged in when its not, and when the headphones are plugged in it thinks it isn't. IT IS NOT WATERPROOF, no matter what they say. Drop it barely and it will crash. It overheats easily. Worst part is the SIM card, (gives you mobile internet or internet on the go) the phone will think its unplugged, so u have to turn off the phone, take off the cover, take off the battery, take out the SIM card and put it back in, then put the rest back on, and turn it on, and still sometimes it thinks it will be unplugged. Even at first it will seem like its plugged in but when you try the SIM out, it will say no SIM card, it will do this randomly. I have tried factory reset, and scan for viruses but nothing. In my opinion I would say no, no matter what. They just try to lure you into a cheap phone, so you buy another. Overall don't get this phone. I hope you have found this helpful.

WarwolfAA