Interested?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I would think 300$ is a steal, you'll still see droves of people buy the 500$ Xbox one and get ripped off but hey to each their own.

Apply my sarcasm anywhere you want;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think people would pay 300 dollars for this watch if it had something more stellar about it.

To me it isn't about pricepoint, it is about what the watch is and isn't.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think people would pay 300 dollars for this watch if it had something more stellar about it.

To me it isn't about pricepoint, it is about what the watch is and isn't.

I think its functionality will grow since its software based so I won't be too hard on it. I love watches and to me there's no such thing as too many. Besides the usual "What can/will it do?" my questions are how durable is it? Is it HIGHLY scratch resistant? How is it going to affect my Note 3's battery life?

I'll have to continue to do research.

Sent from my humble Note 10.1/Note 8.0/S4

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I think its functionality will grow since its software based so I won't be too hard on it. I love watches and to me there's no such thing as too many. Besides the usual "What can/will it do?" my questions are how durable is it? Is it HIGHLY scratch resistant? How is it going to affect my Note 3's battery life?

I'll have to continue to do research.

Sent from my humble Note 10.1/Note 8.0/S4

The design and setup of the camera in the wristband bugs the heck out of me, that alone is a turn off and really not needed.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Would never do it. Totally like my Citizen Eco-Drive watch and phone is always with me for doing smart things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Going to use myself as an example.

I like the idea of a smartwatch for these functions without having to pull up my phone.

Important Notifications( I like to know if somebody important is texting me or sending me an email)
Answer or decline phone calls
Have stock quotes streaming
A pedometer fitness tracking tool

Yes my smartphone can do all this but the idea for me is not pulling out my phone for minor functions.

Here is what I don't need.

A camera
A multimedia device(headphones out of watch is going to be more awkward than a phone)
1 day battery life???

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
NO WAY for $300. :confused:
I like the idea of the panic button and camera sending a pic to emergency contacts. I think that would be a great safety feature for my son (in a few years, he's only 17mo, lol), and my wife. But $300? I know you can't put a price on peace of mind, but there has to be cheaper alternatives to that. I can buy a Nexus for that and strap it to my frickin wrist!

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My biggest concern is what will happen to my bluetooth headset functionality? I listen to about 5 hours of podcasts a day , and I can't use a corded headset to do it . Can the Note 3 use Bluetooth to connect to both simultaneously ? If not, the Gear is far less appealing to me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Almost everyone has a smartphone in there pocket. I don't think this watch will change people from pulling out their gs4 or note 3(and other Android phones that might be supported in the future) for pictures, video, sharing photos or even notifications.

Sent from my HTC One

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Almost everyone has a smartphone in there pocket. I don't think this watch will change people from pulling out their gs4 or note 3(and other Android phones that might be supported in the future) for pictures, video, sharing photos or even notifications.

Sent from my HTC One

I rarely, if ever, put my phone in my pocket (but I know what you meant :)

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I want a smartwatch just to receive notifications with options to read texts and small emails I don't need to make phone calls with it. My Note 2 is kind of to big to keep pulling it out of my pocket if I'm waiting for a text. I think the the Sony Smartwatch 2 is more my speed. I wish they would have the option for a GPS golf app connected to the phone for the GPS part to keep costs down, so I wouldn't have to get a separate watch that does that. I think if these smartwatch especially did that more people would probably buy that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a watch wearing kind of guy and the Galaxy Gear won't change that. It's a great idea and I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from such a device. I'll have to wait and see how something like this can be used in my day-to-day before deciding on picking one up.

d_rex

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Not interested.

First, battery life. Samsung says with fair usage, it will last a day. But you know how some of use get carried away with new gadgets. For sure we'll be using it daily and try to integrate the device with out daily lives and end up realizing that we are wearing a watch that wouldnt last us a day.

Second, connectivity. Yes, we have android phones but some of us dont use samsung (assuming that the gear may be paired with other samsung devices other than the Note 3). Some of us use phones by HTC, LG, Motorola, etc and even when we are interested, it isnt compatible with our device.

Third, price. 299 dollars is too much. I can buy a New Nexus with that money.

If it were to buy a smartwatch, I'd buy a Pebble watch or this new Kickstarter project called Kreyos Meteor (well, if it proves better than the pebble). Just my opinion on the matter.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Well im coming from the Note 2 and ill be picking up the Note 3 and the Galaxy Gear. I like how you can wear anything with the watch (especially the black band) If you are just out and about change it to the digital sporty face, if you put on a suit or shirt and tie switch it to the roman numeral face. Plus when driving, a lot of times im relaxing sort of leaning up against the left side of the window with my left hand propping my head up, perfect position to talk right from the watch. Cant wait!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered it with my GN3 so I get 14 days to test it out. If I don't like it I send it back and get a refund. My big question is how do we get the battery serviced, after all I am not tossing it out in a year when the battery fails to hold a decent charge.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered it with my GN3 so I get 14 days to test it out. If I don't like it I send it back and get a refund. My big question is how do we get the battery serviced, after all I am not tossing it out in a year when the battery fails to hold a decent charge.

...send it back to Samsung and they charge you to replace the battery.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante