• 3 Post By ttexxan
  • 2 Post By DAS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Rumors about Galaxy Gear 2 coming early 2014

Rumors about Galaxy Gear 2 coming early 2014. So if these rumors are true, which means they could be showing off a new GG at CES or actually launching a new unit with rumored support for additional Samsung devices (Galaxy models) does this impact your interest in the current model?

For me I have my pre-order with Verizon and will hold firm on that pre-order for my GN3 and GG, test the GG out, decide if it's worth keeping or not during the 14 day window I will have. Since there will always be a new device or accessory around the corner we can't forever hold off. However it does surprise and concern me that a GG2 coming so quickly could drastically hurt the sales of the first unit and simplg give nay sayers too much ammunition.

Default Re: Rumors about Galaxy Gear 2 coming early 2014

I think it is a bad move by Samsung if this turns out to be the case, but the only thing I would like added to the watch is better battery life if the reports are true. I would imagine even if a GG2 came out, the GG1 could get a software update to add features, stability, etc. I am not worried about it though as I love to test out new tech and be on the bleeding edge. I will be happy to be a beta tester on the GG1 if that is actually the case. I was a kickstarter backer on the Pebble, currently backing the Hot Watch, and getting this first gen GG. Once I got my Pebble, I have loved the functionality of a smart watch, so will probably start building a collection of smart watches! Can't wait for my GN3 and GG!
    Ifo likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I would hope Samsung doesn't screw the GG1 users over and does a software update since it isn't a carrier device and doesn't require them to be involved. That said the rumor seemed to be focused on support for a broader range of devices, perhaps non-Galaxy devices with a Play Store app to allow pairing. Samsung needs to think beyond Galaxy users into a broader user base as a hook to lure new users into Galaxy hardware.

Who cares I will buy that one to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
    luvsmobile, DAS and dlg_az like this.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HighOnHops View Post
    I think it is a bad move by Samsung if this turns out to be the case, but the only thing I would like added to the watch is better battery life if the reports are true. I would imagine even if a GG2 came out, the GG1 could get a software update to add features, stability, etc. I am not worried about it though as I love to test out new tech and be on the bleeding edge. I will be happy to be a beta tester on the GG1 if that is actually the case. I was a kickstarter backer on the Pebble, currently backing the Hot Watch, and getting this first gen GG. Once I got my Pebble, I have loved the functionality of a smart watch, so will probably start building a collection of smart watches! Can't wait for my GN3 and GG!
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the battery life currently on the GG.

I took mine off the charger this morning at 6am, it's now 9:26pm and my battery level is at 53%. It's been connected all day with countless notifications, pictures, and phone calls.

Posted via Android Central App
    RBChamp and Live2ride883 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the battery life currently on the GG.

I took mine off the charger this morning at 6am, it's now 9:26pm and my battery level is at 53%. It's been connected all day with countless notifications, pictures, and phone calls.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah I agree. Early reports before the watch was released stated barely a day, hence "if the reports are true". Glad they turned out to be false (or software fixed the battery life in the reports). I usually hook it up to the charger at night with around 70% left.

Quote Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post

Heh. I'm with you on that. I'll buy it, too.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I honestly was getting very good battery life and I was messing around with it all day at work. So the battery life complaints are hollow and totally false.
    Thanked by:
    Luvzmobile

Quote Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post

Me too :-)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    HTC One
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    HTC Evo LTE
    Nexus 10

I took mine of charger at 4:30 am and it was at 9% by 5:30 pm with moderate use. I have it set to vibrate and have the backlight on lowest setting. What else can I do to reduce consumption? Thanks.

The first couple of days that I had mine I was barely getting 12 hours. I then set up the Pedometer and was then only getting 9-10 hours. I did a hard reset on the watch and now its much better. I have had it on now for 10 hours and I still have 60% left.
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy