Galaxy Gear Smartwatch - Not Getting E-Mail Notifications

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Everything seems to be working on my Gear and I'm very happy with it, but I don't get email notifications. I get text messages just fine. I am using the stock email app on the Note 3, I have gone into Gear Manager and I have checked off "EMail" and "GMail" in the Settings. What else is there? What am I missing? Thanks for any help.
Elly44

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
Everything seems to be working on my Gear and I'm very happy with it, but I don't get email notifications. I get text messages just fine. I am using the stock email app on the Note 3, I have gone into Gear Manager and I have checked off "EMail" and "GMail" in the Settings. What else is there? What am I missing? Thanks for any help.
Elly44

Did it ever work? Using the stock email app the messages should be coming through with no problem? However, using the Gmail app you only get a notice which directs you to see the message on the phone.

I also would like to know if you are looking at the phone (is the screen on) when you are noticing this problem? If the display on the phone is on when the email comes in it's my experience that the Gear does not pick up the notification.

If none of what I suggested is helpful and you can't get it to work, you may want to contact Samsung via the Samsung Cares app in the Play Store. It's 24hr customer support with a live person that in the past I've found helpful. Or if it's possible swing down to a Best Buy that has the Experience Shop and ask one of the Samsung reps to assist.

In either case please let us know how you make out.

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this great reply! Although it did not work last night at all--this morning, it suddenly started getting the notifications. I didn't change anything or do anything. I have no idea why it wouldn't work last night and now it is. It works exactly as you describe. The stock email app delivers messages, the Gmail app just delivers a notice. Thank you so much for the response.
Elly44

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this great reply! Although it did not work last night at all--this morning, it suddenly started getting the notifications. I didn't change anything or do anything. I have no idea why it wouldn't work last night and now it is. It works exactly as you describe. The stock email app delivers messages, the Gmail app just delivers a notice. Thank you so much for the response.
Elly44

You're welcome!! Glad to help.

Terry Brooks

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I was getting message/text updates on gear. I am no longer getting it.Uninstalled then reinstalled. Still no message coming through. Email notification - haven't got those either. Weather works, I can send a message/text, running app works, etc... But text messages and email NO.:(

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I was getting message/text updates on gear. I am no longer getting it.Uninstalled then reinstalled. Still no message coming through. Email notification - haven't got those either. Weather works, I can send a message/text, running app works, etc... But text messages and email NO.:(

Are you using the Gear with the Note 3? Also, when you uninstalled then reinstalled, did you reset the Gear as well?

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

I assume you have went into your settings and made sure these 2 were turned on?

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh, so if we don't have the sync schedule on "push" then we don't get updates. That is rather stupid, I have my email poll every hour for my works accounts since I am well at work and don't need my mail on my phone instantly. What I am looking for is Gmail notifications and wish either Google or Samsung would get on that.

Scootir

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Samsung support after having the exact same issue. They told me that they found a bug in their software and pushed an "update" that removed this feature on the Gear. They claim they are working to re-instate the functionality with their next update.

AL13ERT B

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone:

So I went into my Verizon Store today to address these issues of text and email notifications not appearing on the Galaxy Gear

Here is what the sales associate did to take care of this issue which to NO MORE than 5 mins to take care of

1. Make sure your phone is in "locked mode" not "standy-by" this makes perfect common sense, why would you want notifications to appear on your watch as well when your looking at your phone (assuming its unlocked and your doing whatever it is your doing on the phone).
2. Make sure email, text, etc etc whatever you want to be alerted about is checked on your Gear Manager Menu Settings and of course notification tab to ON
3. Lastly this was the important thing that got me?.under your "Messages" settings, click the SMS/MMS tab (2nd Tab on top of phone) and make sure MMS ALERT is checked. Now with this checked, it means all types of text messages will be alerted to you eliminating the process of the phone to determine whether its SMS or MMS. Just make the phone accept every damn text type there is. HEHE!

Okay now do a test. PHONE LOCKED, GEAR ON STANDBY MODE . And BADA BOOM BADA BING. Your next ALERT sound get to the gear (sorry for caps)

My gear also has no lock screen PW, patters, pin, etc etc. I mean its on my wrist. Not like it can get stolen like a misplaced phone. So that eliminates post (no offense) about lock security settings regarding the galaxy gear.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Brian Cruz

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I followed your steps and I still cant get my notification to work. It pops up, but when I try to go to my notification to open, it wont open and keeps on giving me "Notifications stopped working" and freezes. I've contacted Samsung and they don't seem to know what's causing it. I've tried resetting, clear cache, clear data, reboot, uninstall, re-install, disconnect, reconnect and it still cant seem to work. You or anyone else have or had this issue?
By the way, I have Verizon Note 3.

dxedward

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with email notifications not working. Make sure under email settings /account settings you check "email notifications" (notify in status bar when email arrives). When I checked this my email notifications started flowing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn