Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 103
Like Tree52Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    I am liking it. Sprint sales rep offer me 40 percent off so for 165 00 I could not resist.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    STARGATE likes this.
  2. #77  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Really?? How can I get one at that price as well??

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #78  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by rmadrid20 View Post
    Really?? How can I get one at that price as well??

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Don't know,, I have sprint. Told sprint rep when he asked if I wanted gear that the price was crazy,, no way. He then said " what if I give you 40 percent off?". That was more like it.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    STARGATE likes this.
  4. #79  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,073 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Don't know,, I have sprint. Told sprint rep when he asked if I wanted gear that the price was crazy,, no way. He then said " what if I give you 40 percent off?". That was more like it.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    That was a great price! :thumbup:
    Now if only someone at the Sprint stores by my house would do that!

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  5. #80  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    That was a great price! :thumbup:
    Now if only someone at the Sprint stores by my house would do that!

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Ya, I am going to call BS on the guys 40% off story. Pic of receipt or BS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    That was a great price! :thumbup:
    Now if only someone at the Sprint stores by my house would do that!

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Ya, I am going to call BS on the guys 40% off story. With all due respect.
  6. #81  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    I have one and I love it.. They could stand to do some tweeks so I can see my yahoo, gmail and exchange on it. But other than that
    I like it

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #82  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxr151 View Post
    Ya, I am going to call BS on the guys 40% off story. Pic of receipt or BS.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ya, I am going to call BS on the guys 40% off story. With all due respect.
    Ok,, I have email receipt. I don't bs dude

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  8. #83  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    I'm not really sure why it matters one way or the other. It has little to do with the topic at hand.

    Back on topic. I like the watch. I think it has a lot of potential as more apps and features are made for it.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  9. #84  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    hmmmm,, got me lying,, turns out it was 39 percent and not 40. Actually first time I am looking at receipt. Dude told me 40. Oh well. THERES THE DISCOUNT

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  10. #85  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by pauldroidr2d2 View Post
    I'm not really sure why it matters one way or the other. It has little to do with the topic at hand.

    Back on topic. I like the watch. I think it has a lot of potential as more apps and features are made for it.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    And I believe we were on topic anyway. Op mentioned if it is worth it or not for 300 dollars

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    STARGATE likes this.
  11. #86  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Been using it for a couple of days now. I see how it can be very useful, but one HUGE disadvantage for me is that the bluetooth disconnects when I leave my phone in my room and go upstairs. If the connection worked better, it would be perfect (for me at least). Instead, now if I move around in the house I have to have the phone on me at all times while wearing the watch, which renders the watch useless.
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  12. #87  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,073 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/yhyzetaj.jpg hmmmm,, got me lying,, turns out it was 39 percent and not 40. Actually first time I am looking at receipt. Dude told me 40. Oh well. THERES THE DISCOUNT

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    Still a great price compared to $300. :thumbup:

    Having said that, I understand the guy calling bs since you originally said $165 and that would be 45% discount, 40% is $180.

    I think you just got over excited with that low price you scored that didn't do the math right. It's understandable, I probably would've done the same. :thumbup:

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  13. #88  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Awesome deal, if I can get it I wont think about it and I will buy it...

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  14. #89  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    At 40 percent off 165 would be the price before tax.. I actually was lied to,, dude told me I was getting 40 percent off. I did not look at receipt until this post and no money out of pocket because I charged it my sprint account. Still,, over 100 dollars off. I was happy .39 percent better then full price any day

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  15. #90  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,073 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    At 40 percent off 165 would be the price before tax.. I actually was lied to,, dude told me I was getting 40 percent off. I did not look at receipt until this post and no money out of pocket because I charged it my sprint account. Still,, over 100 dollars off. I was happy .39 percent better then full price any day

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    Yup!
    That's why I said it was still a great deal. :thumbup:

    Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
  16. #91  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    What happens when you get in your car that is bluetooth enabled and the phone wants to sync with the sound system?
    Do you need to turn the watch off so the phone can sync with the car?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #92  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Sacks View Post
    What happens when you get in your car that is bluetooth enabled and the phone wants to sync with the sound system?
    Do you need to turn the watch off so the phone can sync with the car?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    I can still stream music and control it via the watch when I'm in my car. I guess it links both.
    Thanked by:
  18. #93  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    At 40 percent off 165 would be the price before tax.. I actually was lied to,, dude told me I was getting 40 percent off. I did not look at receipt until this post and no money out of pocket because I charged it my sprint account. Still,, over 100 dollars off. I was happy .39 percent better then full price any day

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    Very nice!!!
  19. #94  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Anxiously awaiting update to be pushed out to Note 2 so I can get one.
  20. #95  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Me too!

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
  21. #96  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    I loved my iPad Nano 6th Gen and wore it as a watch with a Lunatik band for a couple of years before I lost the dang thing.. fell out of the band. The novelty of a watch that could play music was well worth its many drawbacks: poor battery life, the fact I had to touch it to see the time, the extremely limited set of faces, no apps, inability to link to my iPhone, it was so annoying to have ear plugs attached to my watch!

    Since I lost that device, I thought I would get a Pebble but just never had never money and motivation at the same time.

    This weekend I bought my fancy new Note 3 and got a $200 voucher from the store, which I used to purchase the Gear. I have been using it just a day so far and find things I love and hate about it.

    Love: I can read my emails on it and make calls (thought it is a bit quiet)! I can set it to wake when I lift my arm so that I don't have to touch it to see the time.

    Hate: watch band doesn't feel good when I sweat a bit. Can't get it to lock device. I get notifications for *every* email. Lack of other apps right now..

    I do not regret my purchase, despite the things I hate about this device so far. You ain't doing it right unless you use a device enough to know what you hate about it as well as what you love.

    For me, the two killer uses for it are as a cool watch (duh) that wakes when I lift my arm, and locking my device when I walk away - if only I can get that to work..

    Rob
  22. #97  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    1,089 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by robertmarkbram View Post
    I loved my iPad Nano 6th Gen and wore it as a watch with a Lunatik band for a couple of years before I lost the dang thing.. fell out of the band. The novelty of a watch that could play music was well worth its many drawbacks: poor battery life, the fact I had to touch it to see the time, the extremely limited set of faces, no apps, inability to link to my iPhone, it was so annoying to have ear plugs attached to my watch!

    Since I lost that device, I thought I would get a Pebble but just never had never money and motivation at the same time.

    This weekend I bought my fancy new Note 3 and got a $200 voucher from the store, which I used to purchase the Gear. I have been using it just a day so far and find things I love and hate about it.

    Love: I can read my emails on it and make calls (thought it is a bit quiet)! I can set it to wake when I lift my arm so that I don't have to touch it to see the time.

    Hate: watch band doesn't feel good when I sweat a bit. Can't get it to lock device. I get notifications for *every* email. Lack of other apps right now..

    I do not regret my purchase, despite the things I hate about this device so far. You ain't doing it right unless you use a device enough to know what you hate about it as well as what you love.

    For me, the two killer uses for it are as a cool watch (duh) that wakes when I lift my arm, and locking my device when I walk away - if only I can get that to work..

    Rob
    The locking feature is turned on under the settings menu in Galaxy Gear Manager app on the phone. If you walk away from the phone and the bluetooth connection is lost then the Gear will vibrate or sound an alarm, and your phone will lock.

    I hope this is helpful, and what you were asking about?

    Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
  23. #98  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    The locking feature is turned on under the settings menu in Galaxy Gear Manager app on the phone. If you walk away from the phone and the bluetooth connection is lost then the Gear will vibrate or sound an alarm, and your phone will lock.

    I hope this is helpful, and what you were asking about?

    Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yeah, as you mentioned in my other post, I did that.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Sacks View Post
    What happens when you get in your car that is bluetooth enabled and the phone wants to sync with the sound system?
    Do you need to turn the watch off so the phone can sync with the car?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    No issue here whether I connect to car stereo or my blutetooh stereo headphones.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  25. #100  

    Default Re: What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

    That promo code does nothing

    Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is there an option to have the screen come on when you get a text?
    By MannyZ28 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-20-2013, 12:07 PM
  2. Rooting: How concerned should I be about voiding the warranty?
    By mm356 in forum Moto X Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 03:14 PM
  3. is it possible to use the old Google maps
    By luzgemacht in forum HTC One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 08:03 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions