What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

jiman72

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just loving it!
I've return the $299 from BestBuy (Mocha grey) and just received $209 (beige ?) from Tmobile. I'm connected to an S4 Active and can't wait for the 4.3 update to utilize all the features.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just had to comment once more. I'm sitting on my sofa playing with my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, and my wife calls. My phone is sitting on the counter in the kitchen. In the old days when the phone rang I would have to stop what I was doing and scramble over to answer it in time. Not anymore!

With the GG always connected I just had to swipe across the display and answer the call without leaving the sofa; without picking up the phone, and without stopping what I was doing.

Earlier in the day I attended a funeral. While at the grave site I was able to snap a few inconspicuous pictures, and a little bit of video without ever pulling out the phone, holding it up, and disrupting the ceremony.

This device has tremendous value to me. It's mostly seen in these little conveniences, but when put all together they really add up.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
DAS,

Once again you come up with some great scenarios for the Gear. Thanks for what you post. Some never occur to me; I think I'm still stuck in "watch mode" when its on my arm, rather than thinking what more it can do for me.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding it most useful when I'm in a waiting room waiting for my doctor. Or when I have to go in for iron IV treatments.

Posted via Android Central App

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I want one.... But 300$ seems kinda expensive and I can't wear it everywhere like shower or when surfing. I could buy a 150$ watch that would be fine for those activities so Idk. If I'm gonna wear a watch I want to be able to wear it almost 24/7

Posted via Android Central App

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Galaxy Gear less than a week ago and I already love it.
Before buying it I was worried about the bad reviews and honestly lost interest since the Samsung store here was taking forever to get stock.
Well when Samsung called me and told me they finally have some, I went checked it out and bought it last week.

Getting notifications on my watch has been one of the best features for me, the ladies don't get pissed when I'm out at dinner checking my phone every 2 minutes making me look bored or not interested.(though I guess looking at my watch isn't much better)

I'm happy with it, wore it to work and co-workers noticed the new watch and said things like "new watch? looks nice." not knowing it it was a smart watch they pretty much creamed their pants when I showed them what it could do, then a call came in on the Gear before they knew it could take calls, I answered the call on the watch and the whole office pretty much burst and exploded in disbelief, shock and envy. Now everyone in the office wants a smart watch.

$300 seemed kind of pricey before I bought it, but considering I have a $6000 Rolex that does nothing but tell time and pick up chicks, Galaxy Gear wasn't a bad deal.

Zuger_Volimte

Oct 26, 2013
plus.google.com
I bought my Galaxy Gear less than a week ago and I already love it.
Before buying it I was worried about the bad reviews and honestly lost interest since the Samsung store here was taking forever to get stock.
Well when Samsung called me and told me they finally have some, I went checked it out and bought it last week.

Getting notifications on my watch has been one of the best features for me, the ladies don't get pissed when I'm out at dinner checking my phone every 2 minutes making me look bored or not interested.(though I guess looking at my watch isn't much better)

I'm happy with it, wore it to work and co-workers noticed the new watch and said things like "new watch? looks nice." not knowing it it was a smart watch they pretty much creamed their pants when I showed them what it could do, then a call came in on the Gear before they knew it could take calls, I answered the call on the watch and the whole office pretty much burst and exploded in disbelief, shock and envy. Now everyone in the office wants a smart watch.

$300 seemed kind of pricey before I bought it, but considering I have a $6000 Rolex that does nothing but tell time and pick up chicks, Galaxy Gear wasn't a bad deal.

Haha yeah! I understand you! Smartwatch can much more than a rolex! And it looks nice!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am liking it. Sprint sales rep offer me 40 percent off so for 165 00 I could not resist.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Really?? How can I get one at that price as well??

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Don't know,, I have sprint. Told sprint rep when he asked if I wanted gear that the price was crazy,, no way. He then said " what if I give you 40 percent off?". That was more like it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't know,, I have sprint. Told sprint rep when he asked if I wanted gear that the price was crazy,, no way. He then said " what if I give you 40 percent off?". That was more like it.

That was a great price! :thumbup::cool:
Now if only someone at the Sprint stores by my house would do that! :(:D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Ya, I am going to call BS on the guys 40% off story. Pic of receipt or BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, I am going to call BS on the guys 40% off story. With all due respect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza