Linking Gmail through stock email app?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone setup their Gmail through the stock samsung email app? If so, we're you able to read the body of the email?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

Yes, and yes. You can read the full body of the email, but you will not have the ability to view attachments.

I am a heavy Google user so I needed my calendar, keep, music, chrome, drive, and other Google services to remain in tact. I unchecked only the sync Gmail box and set up my Gmail using the phones native app just so I could have the functionality you spoke of.

Posted via Android Central App

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
How do you read mail on the gear mine keeps telling me to check phone to read

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
How do you read mail on the gear mine keeps telling me to check phone to read

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

Are you using the stock email app when this happens? I can read emails on my watch, or at least the first part of the email. I think that only GMail (synced through the GMail app) asks you to check the phone to read the message.

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and yes. You can read the full body of the email, but you will not have the ability to view attachments.

I am a heavy Google user so I needed my calendar, keep, music, chrome, drive, and other Google services to remain in tact. I unchecked only the sync Gmail box and set up my Gmail using the phones native app just so I could have the functionality you spoke of.

What settings did you use in the native email app? I tried both POP3 and IMAP and it kept saying authentication failed.

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah, it may be the two-step authentication I have set up in Google accounts. If I recall, other apps I set up had to either be logged in via the website or asked me to use an authentication code from the google authenticator. It may not be getting past this in setting it up in the native email app on the Note 3.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
What settings did you use in the native email app? I tried both POP3 and IMAP and it kept saying authentication failed.

You have to make sure you set the email to push. Then in general Galaxy Gear Manager on the phone go to settings, select notification, and check the email icon.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Where are you setting the email to push?

On the phone when setting up your email using the native email app there is an option which ask how often do you want the server to check for mail. I think the options are 5,15, or 30 minutes? However, the first option is push. Select push.

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
On the phone when setting up your email using the native email app there is an option which ask how often do you want the server to check for mail. I think the options are 5,15, or 30 minutes? However, the first option is push. Select push.

Ah, I see. Thank you, DAS. I haven't quite made it to that point yet and so didn't see it. I can't get it working yet, and I do think it's due to the 2-step verification on my Google account. Pondering whether to undo it temporarily to see if I can confirm that.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to get notifications from Yahoo email. I have a couple of accounts for Yahoo.

Yes. As long as you use the native email app on the GN3. I have 2 Yahoo accounts, 4 Gmail accounts, and 1 Att.net account (which is really Yahoo), all syncing with my GG.

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I see. Thank you, DAS. I haven't quite made it to that point yet and so didn't see it. I can't get it working yet, and I do think it's due to the 2-step verification on my Google account. Pondering whether to undo it temporarily to see if I can confirm that.

Okay, I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times but I get there eventually.

I realized I have another gmail account that is NOT set up with 2-step authentication. I configured it easily in the Samsung native email app and it sends the emails to my Gear. Moral: if you have 2-step authentication on your Gmail account you cannot set it up in the native email app. It won't resolve incoming/outgoing servers because the 2-step process requires you to sign into your main Google account on the web, and then you need to add a verification code.

And, by the way, I didn't have to uncheck Sync on the Gmail setting. It works fine as it is (I imagine due to it being a separate account).

zbyszekbentyn

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Dear Professionals
I set up samsung email app on s3 frontier to receive gmail
but I probably choose "two weeks" to check my mail...((
How can I delete the account or change the setup?
please Help