Go SMS and Samsung Gear

RiponOX13

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I love Go SMS pro but I do not receive notifications on my watching using this app. I had to uninstall Go SMS to receive the text messages on the watch. Is there any way around this or do you know if Go SMS will be supported in the future?

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it will be supported in the future but I was having same issue and had to return to native app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

rough1200

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The same goes for Handcent. I had to uninstall it in order to recieve tex on the watch! Hope this gets fixed with update before my 30 day return window expires.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The same goes for Handcent. I had to uninstall it in order to recieve tex on the watch! Hope this gets fixed with update before my 30 day return window expires.

It's not something that's broken. Samsung made the business decision, and they didn't hide the fact, that the Gear is for their native apps only, and a few select partners they collaborated with in their own app store.

You will likely need to return your watch because I don't believe you'll see Samsung change their decision anytime soon.

Posted via Android Central App

octobermagic

Jun 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
It's not something that's broken. Samsung made the business decision, and they didn't hide the fact, that the Gear is for their native apps only, and a few select partners they collaborated with in their own app store.

You will likely need to return your watch because I don't believe you'll see Samsung change their decision anytime soon.

That's a shame if true. They didn't need to necessarily approach it that way. Just making it compatible to the high end Galaxy line would have done that. I hope they open it up to more apps. i'd love to have Google maps and a talking version of Google Now on it.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure we'll see more compatible apps for the gear.. Just need patience.. Hopefully a few apps I use will have a gear component son.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mosimann

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Took me a few minutes but I could make Go SMS and notifications working on the Gear.

On Go SMS:

* Notification Settings:
- Enable Notifications: on
- Default Notif. Settings: disabled Vibrate.

* Other Settings:
- Disable other message notification: unchecked.

On Messages (Stock):

* More
- Notifications: checked.
- Vibrate: checked.

That's it, works fine.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Took me a few minutes but I could make Go SMS and notifications working on the Gear.

On Go SMS:

* Notification Settings:

* Other Settings:

On Messages (Stock):

* More

That's it, works fine.

Aren't you getting duplicate notifications then?

Posted via Android Central App

TrainerJulieC

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

On Go SMS:

* Notification Settings:

* Other Settings:

On Messages (Stock):

* More

That's it, works fine.

This also works with Handcent. You just have to turn off the "PopUp Notification"

SeaniB

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not ready to delete my go SMS yet.... Took me a long time to get my settings just right....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk