"Samsung apps turned off" on my Gear?

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am feeling a bit dense here, like I should know how to fix this. When I go to the Gear Manager to download some of the Featured apps, my Note 3 freezes. Had to wait several minutes before it told me Gear Manager wasn't responding, did I want to close it. Said Yes, then reopened and decided to click on the Samsung Apps option - that's where a small message pops up stating "Samsung apps turned off." So, where do I turn that on??

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am feeling a bit dense here, like I should know how to fix this. When I go to the Gear Manager to download some of the Featured apps, my Note 3 freezes. Had to wait several minutes before it told me Gear Manager wasn't responding, did I want to close it. Said Yes, then reopened and decided to click on the Samsung Apps option - that's where a small message pops up stating "Samsung apps turned off." So, where do I turn that on??

Hmm, okay, my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) just had a system update and it installed Samsung Apps as a little icon with a shopping bag on it. Perhaps the Gear doesn't have the functionality yet ... and hence, the "Samsung Apps not turned on" message. EDIT: this was totally wrong on my part. See next post; had to reset my Note 3 to get this functionality back.

Last edited:

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, okay, my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) just had a system update and it installed Samsung Apps as a little icon with a shopping bag on it. Perhaps the Gear doesn't have the functionality yet ... and hence, the "Samsung Apps not turned on" message.

Which leads me back to ... why is my Note 3 freezing when I try to install, say, Evernote? Any app I try to install from the Featured list freezes my Note 3. I have to wait for the message I noted above, then quit the Gear Manager. Any ideas?

I am thoroughly disgusted with this. After trying all else, I had to finally reset my Note 3 (twice - the second time without doing a restore, in order to get a totally clean reset). That seemed to do the trick for fixing the freezes AND for fixing the error message I got when trying to install Featured apps to the Gear. Totally annoyed at having to set up my phone all over again ... but it's working properly again.

Shakar Brumfield

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Somehow you have disabled the bloatware on your device. Go to Apps.Samsung.com from your device and the website will ask you if you want to install "Samsung Apps." Took a little research and digging but it worked for me.:D