Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Gear will not charge. :(

Of course I am on vacation while this is going down.

Any ideas? Would a factory reset help?

Default Re: Galaxy Gear will not charge. :(

I would do a reset with no restore. Nothing to lose. I had a glitch with no speaker sound.A reset and restore did not work. A reset with no restore did.
    Last edited by James Festini; 10-13-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: typo

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Had the same problem, did a factory reset with no restore and started charging. It also said it was doing a system update, don't think one was out yet but regardless, it's charging fine now...WHEW. - Chris

Quote Originally Posted by James Festini View Post
    I would do a reset with no restore. Nothing to lose. I had a glitch with no speaker sound.A reset and restore did not work. A reset with no restore did.
    Okay, I am was thinking about taking mine back for a replacement because along with my hard of hearing, the Gear doesn't come off loud enough. Also, some of the volume controls in settings on the Gear, only go to 7, whereas, some of them go to 15.. What is the max level one can put everything on, and where/how do you do that reset with no restore?

Thanks in advance...

Those are the standard volume settings. I use vibrate for notifications but I can hear it fine on a setting of 3 or 4. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SGN 10.1 2014 Edition Using Ac forums mobile app .

My Gear stopped showing that it was charging as well. Found this thread and tried the reset but it did not help. Tried several times and then noticed while I was doing it that the charge % was actually going up even though it was not displaying that is was charging. I think that there may be a glitch in the software in where it still charges but doesn't show that it is charging. I defently won't be leaving it on charge after it reaches 100% for now in case is causes damage to the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteClaw View Post
    My Gear stopped showing that it was charging as well. Found this thread and tried the reset but it did not help. Tried several times and then noticed while I was doing it that the charge % was actually going up even though it was not displaying that is was charging. I think that there may be a glitch in the software in where it still charges but doesn't show that it is charging. I defently won't be leaving it on charge after it reaches 100% for now in case is causes damage to the unit.
    One thing for sure, this thing charges FAST.. IMO, I thing it does in a half hour or so. Also, at night, I turn mine off, and I never put it on charge at night. If anything the next morning at work, if it needs charging, it gets it right there on my desk. Like I said before, it charges dam fast..

Also, I took one back, and come to find out, nothing was wrong with it, I just didn't know what setting or to put it plainly, USER ERROR!! I think a lot of them get returned for that..

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Of course I am on vacation while this is going down.

Any ideas? Would a factory reset help?
    Do you have any kind of skin in it?
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy

my galaxy gear is completely off but it won{t charge any help? its the first time i try to charge it

I had the same problem and changed the micro USB cable and it charges again. Weird how all of the sudden this is happening to people. I've had the watch since it came out too.

Posted via Android Central App

yesterday i put my gear on the charger and freaked cuz it wasn't showing the charge and then realized i put it in the charger backwards and the contacts weren't matched up....duh

Thumbs up Re: Galaxy Gear will not charge. :(

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    One thing for sure, this thing charges FAST.. IMO, I thing it does in a half hour or so. Also, at night, I turn mine off, and I never put it on charge at night. If anything the next morning at work, if it needs charging, it gets it right there on my desk. Like I said before, it charges dam fast..

Also, I took one back, and come to find out, nothing was wrong with it, I just didn't know what setting or to put it plainly, USER ERROR!! I think a lot of them get returned for that..
    The other day my Gear wouldn't come on...I had it on my wrist and wanted to see the time and notice it wasn't turn on. I was tapping it swiping up and down on the display nothing. Then I pushed the on/off button and it came on...I forgot to turn it on that morning from charging. LOL....User Error!!

Sorry for bumping thread, I'm having an issue charging the thing, it was working and charging fine when I bought it, haven't used it for 3 weeks though.
    Now when I connect it, it won't charge at all. Nor turn on either.

- it's put into the dock properly ( pins on the right side )
    - first i thought it's not charging because the battery is dead due to not using it for long, but after ~3 hours, still nothing
    - tried at least 5 different chargers and USB cables ( Sony, LG, Huawei, etc ), though not a Motorola one, like someone mentioned in another thread
    - 2 out of bazillion times i connected it to a charger it gave a sign of life ( the charging animation appeared for like ~1 millisecond ) but not anymore
    - I'm desperate

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for bad English.

Mine has done exactly the same thing I haven't used it for a few weeks and now it won't charge just flashes for a millisecond .

Help

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan Vujmilovic View Post
    Sorry for bumping thread, I'm having an issue charging the thing, it was working and charging fine when I bought it, haven't used it for 3 weeks though.
    Now when I connect it, it won't charge at all. Nor turn on either.

- it's put into the dock properly ( pins on the right side )
    - first i thought it's not charging because the battery is dead due to not using it for long, but after ~3 hours, still nothing
    - tried at least 5 different chargers and USB cables ( Sony, LG, Huawei, etc ), though not a Motorola one, like someone mentioned in another thread
    - 2 out of bazillion times i connected it to a charger it gave a sign of life ( the charging animation appeared for like ~1 millisecond ) but not anymore
    - I'm desperate

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for bad English.

Exactly the same issue as above , crap product if you can't let it go flat

Bojan,answer on Pm i have same problem.

Can anyone help me with this? I have the same problem galaxy gear that won't charge or switch on.
    If left off charge for a few hours then when I connect the mini us the battery light will flash up for a second. But this will only happen if it has been left unplugged from charger. Once plugged in the battery sign will not show again when reconnecting if that makes sense. I can unplug and plug it back in and just get blank screen. Until I leave it off charge for a few hours then will get the battery simbell show again

Hopefully somebody will be able to come up with a solution soon.

Unhappy Re: Galaxy Gear will not charge. :(

Received a gear today got it out fo rthe box for like 5 min, went to charge it and screen came on and off for a sec now nothing will leave it charge overnight but not reassured but seeing others with same issue. Like others hope others have had same situation and can gie us an answer even if it is not good
    Thanks
    Jay

Wink UPDATE Re: Galaxy Gear will not charge. :(

Ok after many hours of google searches I tried eveything and it started charging this am. As expected the battery was at zero so that is my guessing why it had charge. What I did was last night try different mini USB and nothing so left it in original overnight.
    This am nothing so left in unplugged for an hour and tried again with main and different mini usb and finally got the screen to Come on again and it stayed on this time and is charging. So other that trial and error and patients and blind luck I got it to work.
    My thinking is the battery is to dead to even charge so but the process I did I gave it enough power to start the charge.
    Jay
    robbynguyen likes this.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I was not charging because of the cord. I plug my cord for my s4 into the cradle and it started charging my cradle was good cord bad.

I put the watch for a few minutes on the radiator. how to heat up plugged in to charge and began to charge.

I just got my Galaxy Gear today. As soon as I unboxed it (without turning it on), I went ahead and put to charge. Something came up on and off very quickly. Since then it wouldn’t charge or turn on again….any advice !!!!

Hi Guys,

Try this - it seems that it's just a glitch of some sort (don't quote me on that) but when the gear goes completely flat, sometimes when charging it won't show the charge animation (sometimes it flashes an empty battery for a micro-second, most times it won't do anything). Don't be alarmed, just leave it on the charger for a couple minutes, then take it out and turn it on. Your gear will come back on again (from the 2 minutes of charge, even though nothing was showing). Now proceed to charging it again like normal and it should be fine.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Rob

I haven't use my Galaxy Gear in a week I tried charging it and it doesn't turn on at all. I tried chagrining it for over an hour I tried holding the power button and nothing. I what to do a reset but it doesn't turn on at all so is there any way I can do one when its off. Any one knows what to do or what you guys did to your to turn back on. PLZ Help me ..... THANK YOU
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast