Distortion or crackling sound from GG

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I am having some issues with crackling/distorted sound on my GG. Most noticeable when I'm using s reply to text messages and it asks if I want to send it. Turning the speaker volume down seems to help some. Anyone else have this issue and what level does everyone have their volume set to? Trying to decide if this is somewhat normal or if I need to exchange mine at BB.

Sent from my SGN3 using AC Forums mobile app

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. Just picked mine up today. When using s voice it s says " I didn't catch that"

How do you voice text someone?

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Do mean starting a new text or responding to a text?

Sent from my Galaxy Not 10.1 2014 edition using AC Forums mobile app

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am having some issues with crackling/distorted sound on my GG. Most noticeable when I'm using s reply to text messages and it asks if I want to send it. Turning the speaker volume down seems to help some. Anyone else have this issue and what level does everyone have their volume set to? Trying to decide if this is somewhat normal or if I need to exchange mine at BB.

Sent from my SGN3 using AC Forums mobile app

I can't say I have experienced your exact problem, but I get something similar when I'm too far away from the phone, and the bluetooth is struggling to stay connected. How far away are you from the phone when you've noticed this problem?

Last edited:

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Das,
I am experimenting with the range tonight to see if I can discern a difference with different ranges. Will post my results.

Sent from my SGN 10.1 2014 edition using AC Forums mobile app

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
After some extensive playing this evening (Oh the sacrifices I make:p), it does indeed seem to be related to reception only. Anytime I was out and about with the phone in my jacket pocket things were quite clear sounding. Putting the phone down and Walking away made things worse. Good to know, and certainly not enough to deter me from this awesome new gadget.

Sent from my SGN 10.1 2014 Edition Using Ac forums mobile app .