"I didn't get that"

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
... is something I hear way too often when trying to send a text via the watch. I hope I get better at this because that was painful.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
... is something I hear way too often when trying to send a text via the watch. I hope I get better at this because that was painful.

Be sure to speak clearly and limit background noise to a minimum.

Edit: How are you enjoying the Galaxy Gear?

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I thoroughly enjoy it. Until I tell it things. Then its hit or miss.

Phone calls are much better than I expected.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
When Samsung first introduced S-Voice a little over two years ago I struggled to make it work and fit into my lifestyle. It was very frustrating and eventually I just gave up. This time around they've made some improvements, but it's far from being as smooth and fluid as it needs to be. It's still a work in progress it seems.

Like srkmagnus stated, the best you can do is speak as clear as possible and all but eliminate any background noise. S-Voice is a great tool when it works, but my experience with it for the last two years has been very hit or miss. That being said, when it can understand you clearly it makes using the Gear so enjoyable.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Today was the first time I used S Voice, in fact, about half hour ago.. Took me a long time to find the "disclaimer" for S Voice.. :) The first couple time, it worked right on the button, repeated what I had said, and did it..I told it to "call chris".. I was speaking clearly and straight to it. When I was outside, different story. I got the "I didn't get that".. No problem, it was noisy out side, plus I didn't speak directly into it.. Crazy about this duo!! ;)

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
When Samsung first introduced S-Voice a little over two years ago I struggled to make it work and fit into my lifestyle. It was very frustrating and eventually I just gave up. This time around they've made some improvements, but it's far from being as smooth and fluid as it needs to be. It's still a work in progress it seems.

Like srkmagnus stated, the best you can do is speak as clear as possible and all but eliminate any background noise. S-Voice is a great tool when it works, but my experience with it for the last two years has been very hit or miss. That being said, when it can understand you clearly it makes using the Gear so enjoyable.

It's gotten much better for me over time, as well. S Voice was pretty much unusable for me on the original Note to the point where I rooted the Note to get rid of it. I've dictated only two text messages using the Gear, but it was spot on for me both times. One time was inside a store and I really didn't expect it to work due to the noise, but it did.