Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the Gear smartwatch waterproof or concrete-mix-proof? (I work in commercial pool construction)

Is the Gear smartwatch waterproof? (I work in commercial pool construction)

I hadn't really thought about it, but my current watch, a Casio Protrek, is immersed in water quite regularly. It didn't even have a problem when I recently got freshly-
    poured concrete mix on it.... just hosed it off and it was still working fine.
    '
    If the Samsung Gear smartwatch is not waterproof, are there other alternatives? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Default Re: Is the Gear smartwatch waterproof or concrete-mix-proof? (I work in commercial pool constructio

From what I remember Phil Nickinson saying on the AC Podcast, NO. Don't wear it if you plan on being around and water, rain, etc.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Banned

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

Default Re: Is the Gear smartwatch waterproof or concrete-mix-proof? (I work in commercial pool constructio

Quote Originally Posted by centerwaters View Post
    Is the Gear smartwatch waterproof? (I work in commercial pool construction)

I hadn't really thought about it, but my current watch, a Casio Protrek, is immersed in water quite regularly. It didn't even have a problem when I recently got freshly-
    poured concrete mix on it.... just hosed it off and it was still working fine.
    '
    If the Samsung Gear smartwatch is not waterproof, are there other alternatives? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    Get the Sony Smart watch or Pebble smart watch if you want something that'll stand a splash

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by daddyd302 View Post
    Isn't that the same company that's developing spray-on condoms for men?

Seen mixed reviews...some say that it's not water resistant, others say it is. The manual claims it is made to IP55 standards, meaning it is dust, water and shock resistant.