Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By runamuck0870
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot use Bluetooth headset with Galaxy Gear

Hi.

I'm having trouble using a headset with the gear. When I receive a call (answering on 4 the gear) the audio comes out on the gear and not the headset. I then use the menu on the gear and choose the headset icon but nothing happens. I still get audio thru the gear. I have to transfer the call to my note 3 and then transfer it to the headset in order to get audio. Both my gear and headset is set to phone sound on the bluetooth profile on the note 3. If I uncheck the phone audio on the gears bluetooth profile the whole device disconnect from the note 3. Anyone knows what's wrong?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Cannot use Bluetooth headset with Galaxy Gear

Solved!!

Restarted bluetooth on the Note 3.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

How did you solve it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I Restarted the bluetooth on Note 3.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Thanks.

Yeah was gonna suggest that. Works flawlessly between my GG, N3 and Plantronics Voyager.

Wait wait wait. So you are saying that I can link my bluetooth headset to my gear and phone at the same time? I can swipe the GG to answer and talk via the bluetooth headset?? I didnt think this would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    Wait wait wait. So you are saying that I can link my bluetooth headset to my gear and phone at the same time? I can swipe the GG to answer and talk via the bluetooth headset?? I didnt think this would be possible.
    I need to know this too!

Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    You can link them both at he same time, yes. But I always answer calls on my Voyager by clicking the ear button to answer. The GG "rings" however.

I always use me gear and bluetooth stereo headphones together. You most definitely can connect them both to the phone together.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

I just did some further testing to help answer the questions in this thread.

My Setup:
    Galaxy Note 3 running 4.3 stock (Verizon)
    Galaxy Gear stock
    Plantronics Voyager Pro HD (18 months old now)

In Note 3 Bluetooth settings, pair both devices. Both will show as Paired for Phone Audio, which is what you want

If my mobile rings, it rings on the phone, on my Gear and the ringing chime in the Plantronics earpiece all three at same time. I have three options available to answer:
    1) Answer from phone device...duh
    2) Slide to answer on the Gear, as usual.
    3) Click the multi-function button on the Plantronics, call is answered by headset.

During a call, regardless of which device was currently being used to answer:
    1) I can click on Speaker icon on my Note 3 and mobile speaker takes over.
    2) Once on speaker phone, clicking on the Headset/Bluetooth button on the phone screen will send the call to my Plantronics headset.
    3) I can click on the multi-function button on my Plantronics, and the call will transfer from either the Note 3 or the Gear to my headset.
    4) When call is answered on my Gear, I can click the small little menu button (top right corner) and then click on the headset/bluetooth option and it will send the call to the Plantronics.

In short, all three devices work fine together, but once you have taken a call FROM the Gear, I see no way to send it back TO the Gear. The Plantronics profile seems to be the most flexible, but it solves my issue of needing versatility and having two bluetooth devices enabled at once.
    Osiapstndp likes this.