| || |
Re: Cannot use Bluetooth headset with Galaxy Gear
I just did some further testing to help answer the questions in this thread.
Galaxy Note 3 running 4.3 stock (Verizon)
Galaxy Gear stock
Plantronics Voyager Pro HD (18 months old now)
In Note 3 Bluetooth settings, pair both devices. Both will show as Paired for Phone Audio, which is what you want
If my mobile rings, it rings on the phone, on my Gear and the ringing chime in the Plantronics earpiece all three at same time. I have three options available to answer:
1) Answer from phone device...duh
2) Slide to answer on the Gear, as usual.
3) Click the multi-function button on the Plantronics, call is answered by headset.
During a call, regardless of which device was currently being used to answer:
1) I can click on Speaker icon on my Note 3 and mobile speaker takes over.
2) Once on speaker phone, clicking on the Headset/Bluetooth button on the phone screen will send the call to my Plantronics headset.
3) I can click on the multi-function button on my Plantronics, and the call will transfer from either the Note 3 or the Gear to my headset.
4) When call is answered on my Gear, I can click the small little menu button (top right corner) and then click on the headset/bluetooth option and it will send the call to the Plantronics.
In short, all three devices work fine together, but once you have taken a call FROM the Gear, I see no way to send it back TO the Gear. The Plantronics profile seems to be the most flexible, but it solves my issue of needing versatility and having two bluetooth devices enabled at once.