Is the GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I try to "baby" my watch as with all i precious items and am curious is you all have noticed any minor scratches on the face or scratches on the steel speaker, etc due to any minor accidental dingings to counters etc? I know that i expensive watch has major cosmetic damages and i definitely dont want that to happen to my GG.

Last edited by a moderator:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is thr GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?

Mine is still just as clean, cosmetically, as it was on October 5.

I wear mine daily.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is thr GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?

I scratched my gears face within a couple of days. Not sure how it happened but the is a noticeable .25 inch scratch.

Posted via Android Central App

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Yes, how hard would you think it is to put on due to the curvature of the gear. keep us updated on how this works out for you. Post pics if you can!

the more and more i look at the color of that sticker (dark grey i think), the more i like it. tough decision.

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Just ordered one,,, will be here Tuesday.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I scratched my gears face within a couple of days. Not sure how it happened but the is a noticeable .25 inch scratch.

Posted via Android Central App

Yikes. thats not good. Any way you can get a pic of the stratch if possible?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Yes, how hard would you think it is to put on due to the curvature of the gear. keep us updated on how this works out for you. Post pics if you can!

the more and more i look at the color of that sticker (dark grey i think), the more i like it. tough decision. But im more concerned about getting the face scratched than anything.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

the more and more i look at the color of that sticker (dark grey i think), the more i like it. tough decision.

As most of us in here, I have had many phones and tablets and I suck at putting on skins and screen protectors. Thats why I usually hand them to my wife as soon as they come in the mail.
Because of the smaller size of each sticker I thought I would give it a try. It really didn't take me very long to do it. actually the only one I had any kind of struggle with was the clasp. It had a little fold that was hard to get rid of. . The front, sides and back really went on easily.

Attachments

• 20131110_113330.jpg
    20131110_113330.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 20131110_113321.jpg
    20131110_113321.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 153

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

They look pretty cool, trying to decide between clear full kit and the brushed metal one. Well I got the clear kit.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I ordered mine Saturday and it's already home waiting for me. I paid for one up from standard shipping but that's still dam quick.. Lol

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Yikes. thats not good. Any way you can get a pic of the stratch if possible?

I circled where it is at. You can barely see it in the pic, but it's fairly noticeable.

Attachments

• 2013-11-12 02.05.56.jpg
    2013-11-12 02.05.56.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 46

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

They look pretty cool, trying to decide between clear full kit and the brushed metal one. Well I got the clear kit.

I also saw a carbon fiber one as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I ordered mine Saturday and it's already home waiting for me. I paid for one up from standard shipping but that's still dam quick.. Lol

Have you put it on yet? Which one did you order?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

i've hit the watch a couple of times on a few things and caught my breath, but alls well with mine. i'm pretty careful with my toys, but a watch is just out and in jeopardy as a matter of course. can't bring myself to put protectors over the metal and certainly not on the glass....hate them.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I also saw a carbon fiber one as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

That is the one I got coming. My GG is the Jet Black, so the Black Carbon Fiber should look real tight!!.. :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

i've hit the watch a couple of times on a few things and caught my breath, but alls well with mine. i'm pretty careful with my toys, but a watch is just out and in jeopardy as a matter of course. can't bring myself to put protectors over the metal and certainly not on the glass....hate them.

Same here, I have reached down in my car for something, and click, I hear the watch hitting something. I am putting clothes in my dryer, again, I hit something. No scratches. The stock watch is pretty dam tough to start with. But, I gotta go with this new thing. :D Funny, I paid about $13 for two different brands of screen protectors from Amazon,
Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Gear Screen Protector Shield + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

Never bothered to even open the packages or to return them. The reason was, the GG is really durable. But, this new thing, I had to jump on that, and I will put the black carbon one on... Hope it is not bulky. Hoping somebody posts up some pics with it on..

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Same here, I have reached down in my car for something, and click, I hear the watch hitting something. I am putting clothes in my dryer, again, I hit something. No scratches. The stock watch is pretty dam tough to start with. But, I gotta go with this new thing. :D Funny, I paid about $13 for two different brands of screen protectors from Amazon,
Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Gear Screen Protector Shield + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

Never bothered to even open the packages or to return them. The reason was, the GG is really durable. But, this new thing, I had to jump on that, and I will put the black carbon one on... Hope it is not bulky. Hoping somebody posts up some pics with it on..

Just purchased one,, the one I had was already peeled up on one corner, just took it off. This one looks good.