Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?

I try to "baby" my watch as with all i precious items and am curious is you all have noticed any minor scratches on the face or scratches on the steel speaker, etc due to any minor accidental dingings to counters etc? I know that i expensive watch has major cosmetic damages and i definitely dont want that to happen to my GG.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 11-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Default Re: Is thr GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?

Mine is still just as clean, cosmetically, as it was on October 5.

I wear mine daily.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Default Re: Is thr GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?

You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floridadomer View Post
    How hard was it to put the protective skin on the gear?

I scratched my gears face within a couple of days. Not sure how it happened but the is a noticeable .25 inch scratch.

Posted via Android Central App
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Floridadomer View Post
    Yes, how hard would you think it is to put on due to the curvature of the gear. keep us updated on how this works out for you. Post pics if you can!

the more and more i look at the color of that sticker (dark grey i think), the more i like it. tough decision.
    Last edited by htc evo 4g; 11-10-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Just ordered one,,, will be here Tuesday.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Just ordered one,,, will be here Tuesday.

Dammit, I got to follow too..
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    I scratched my gears face within a couple of days. Not sure how it happened but the is a noticeable .25 inch scratch.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yikes. thats not good. Any way you can get a pic of the stratch if possible?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    Yes, how hard would you think it is to put on due to the curvature of the gear. keep us updated on how this works out for you. Post pics if you can!

the more and more i look at the color of that sticker (dark grey i think), the more i like it. tough decision. But im more concerned about getting the face scratched than anything.

the more and more i look at the color of that sticker (dark grey i think), the more i like it. tough decision.
    As most of us in here, I have had many phones and tablets and I suck at putting on skins and screen protectors. Thats why I usually hand them to my wife as soon as they come in the mail.
    Because of the smaller size of each sticker I thought I would give it a try. It really didn't take me very long to do it. actually the only one I had any kind of struggle with was the clasp. It had a little fold that was hard to get rid of. . The front, sides and back really went on easily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is the GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?-20131110_113330.jpg   Is the GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?-20131110_113321.jpg  

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

They look pretty cool, trying to decide between clear full kit and the brushed metal one. Well I got the clear kit.

I ordered mine Saturday and it's already home waiting for me. I paid for one up from standard shipping but that's still dam quick.. Lol

love my evo.

Yikes. thats not good. Any way you can get a pic of the stratch if possible?
    I circled where it is at. You can barely see it in the pic, but it's fairly noticeable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is the GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?-2013-11-12-02.05.56.jpg  
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    They look pretty cool, trying to decide between clear full kit and the brushed metal one. Well I got the clear kit.
    I also saw a carbon fiber one as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I ordered mine Saturday and it's already home waiting for me. I paid for one up from standard shipping but that's still dam quick.. Lol

Have you put it on yet? Which one did you order?

i've hit the watch a couple of times on a few things and caught my breath, but alls well with mine. i'm pretty careful with my toys, but a watch is just out and in jeopardy as a matter of course. can't bring myself to put protectors over the metal and certainly not on the glass....hate them.

I also saw a carbon fiber one as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    That is the one I got coming. My GG is the Jet Black, so the Black Carbon Fiber should look real tight!!..
    htc evo 4g likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    i've hit the watch a couple of times on a few things and caught my breath, but alls well with mine. i'm pretty careful with my toys, but a watch is just out and in jeopardy as a matter of course. can't bring myself to put protectors over the metal and certainly not on the glass....hate them.
    Same here, I have reached down in my car for something, and click, I hear the watch hitting something. I am putting clothes in my dryer, again, I hit something. No scratches. The stock watch is pretty dam tough to start with. But, I gotta go with this new thing. Funny, I paid about $13 for two different brands of screen protectors from Amazon,
    Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Gear Screen Protector Shield + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

Never bothered to even open the packages or to return them. The reason was, the GG is really durable. But, this new thing, I had to jump on that, and I will put the black carbon one on... Hope it is not bulky. Hoping somebody posts up some pics with it on..

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Same here, I have reached down in my car for something, and click, I hear the watch hitting something. I am putting clothes in my dryer, again, I hit something. No scratches. The stock watch is pretty dam tough to start with. But, I gotta go with this new thing. Funny, I paid about $13 for two different brands of screen protectors from Amazon,
    Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Gear Screen Protector Shield + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

Never bothered to even open the packages or to return them. The reason was, the GG is really durable. But, this new thing, I had to jump on that, and I will put the black carbon one on... Hope it is not bulky. Hoping somebody posts up some pics with it on..
    Just purchased one,, the one I had was already peeled up on one corner, just took it off. This one looks good.

love my evo.

Just got mine out the mailbox. Will start to install it first thing in the morning.Hope somebody install theirs first, and give me some pointers..

Default Re: Is the GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?

Hi all, I got the Skinomi Clear protector. I'm not particularly good at putting these things on. I've ruined a few in the past on plain flat phones and tablets. When I saw all the little pieces with this, it looked intimidating. But, I decided that I would just take my time. I followed the directions. Put on in this order: front face, top front, bottom front, each side (these skinny little pieces were not easy), clasp (the worst, hard to get it to stick to the curves) and finally the back. I put on each piece and let it set for 15-20 minutes before the next piece. And now that the back is on, I see what other people have said--the charging cradle won't close. BUT--the good news is--it doesn't have to. It can charge not snapped shut, as long as the contacts touch. So, it's all good. It is now turned off and will just sit for the 12-24 hours to dry and set. I feel much better having the protectors on. I just know I will scratch this thing; it's just a matter of time. Had a couple close calls already. Whew. Done. Thanks to everyone in the forum! So wonderful to have company, help and fun! Elly44

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Is the GG susceptible to accidental cosmetic damages? Anyone noticed on theirs?

^ Its good to know this is available. Its a product I would be getting if I still had my GG.

G Pad 8.3
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly44 View Post
    Hi all, I got the Skinomi Clear protector. I'm not particularly good at putting these things on. I've ruined a few in the past on plain flat phones and tablets. When I saw all the little pieces with this, it looked intimidating. But, I decided that I would just take my time. I followed the directions. Put on in this order: front face, top front, bottom front, each side (these skinny little pieces were not easy), clasp (the worst, hard to get it to stick to the curves) and finally the back. I put on each piece and let it set for 15-20 minutes before the next piece. And now that the back is on, I see what other people have said--the charging cradle won't close. BUT--the good news is--it doesn't have to. It can charge not snapped shut, as long as the contacts touch. So, it's all good. It is now turned off and will just sit for the 12-24 hours to dry and set. I feel much better having the protectors on. I just know I will scratch this thing; it's just a matter of time. Had a couple close calls already. Whew. Done. Thanks to everyone in the forum! So wonderful to have company, help and fun! Elly44
    Thanks for that report. You are correct in saying they look intimidating, and that is one of the reasons I haven't put mine on yet!! I wanted to read some reports and search out some vids on how to do it first. As you say, they are a lot of little pieces there. From your report, I will put on a one piece at a time. I am in no hurry.

Again, thank you for your well worded report. If you could be so kind as to post a picture too..

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    ^ Its good to know this is available. Its a product I would be getting if I still had my GG.

G Pad 8.3
    Go back and get one!!

Yesterday, I was went on a long bike ride in the cool weather.. Finishing up the ride, I wanted to call home to have the wife have a hot meal ready and waiting. I stopped at a supermarket, pulled out my Note 3 and called my wife. Called her three times and she didn't answer.. Oh well, put the Note 3 back in my backpack, put on my gloves and ready to ride the 10 miles back home. About 5 miles later, my GG buzzes me, I got a call coming in.. I pulled over, look at that GG, it is my wife calling back. I hit the "accept" call and started talking. I told my wife I was on the move and just wanted to know if she was home, and if so, could you have me a nice big juicy steak waiting for me when I get back which will be about 15 more minutes? She complied.. Pulled back out on the road and yes, the steak was good.. It would have been really bothersome to unpack that backpack to get to my phone. Not only that, I answered the phone right then and there because of the GG. Alos, my wife heard me loud and clear, and even with my bad hearing, I heard her well. The Galaxy Gear does have a nitch to fill.. And for me, it fills it well..
    tech_fan likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast