DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if you all keep you GG connected to your phone at night or at home? Also how often do you charge your gear? The way it looks for me, i have to charge mine every night.... good or bad thing?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I keep mine on because I am constantly walking away from my phone and it vibrates to let me know it lost Bluetooth so its a nice reminder for me that I just left my phone in another room.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My answer is yes, but no. The only time I don't wear it is when I'm charging it, and that's a relatively short time considering is charges quickly, and when I've switched to my iPhone. I prefer wearing it at night because I always wear a watch and for work reasons I want the alerts. I try to plan charging so that I won't have to overnight charge.

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Switch it off at night. Doubt I need to be alerted on what's going on at night :)

Posted via Android Central App

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I disconnect my GG from the phone right before going to bed (but I never turn it off). I charge it each night, right next to the phone, but that's no big deal since I'm sleep anyway. I run so I take it off the charger usually around 4:30 am, and it's normally at, or near, 55% when I go to bed around 10 p.m.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Peter_G24

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I wear mine around the house and often walk away from my phone. Not that it needs it, but I do charge mine every night when I go to bed

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery is great so far on the gear. I have not charged by gear for 3 days now and it's on 64 percent... After the first few days I turned off auto on when you lift hand. That is a serious battery drain. Goes on and off more then you realize. Once I turned that off the battery is incredible.. I don't see any inconvenience in pressing the button when I want to see the screen. This all being said I also shut the watch off when I go to sleep. Don't understand why I would need to keep it on when I'm sleeping.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I put my gear in its cradle when I go to bed. Not because I have to, rather due to the fact I don't need to sleep with it since I still use an alarm clock. Mine is usually @ 70% after a day of use.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I put my gear in its cradle when I go to bed. Not because I have to, rather due to the fact I don't need to sleep with it since I still use an alarm clock. Mine is usually @ 70% after a day of use.

Man that is crazy good after just a days use. Mine is about < 50% what are your basic settings? timeout, motion, etc. How often to you look at your GG?

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Default settings for the most part. Only thing I change are volume to the max. Background green. Text orange. Weather clock face. I am very ocd when I wear a watch and constantly look at it. I just don't get a lot of alerts.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Default settings for the most part. Only thing I change are volume to the max. Background green. Text orange. Weather clock face. I am very ocd when I wear a watch and constantly look at it. I just don't get a lot of alerts.

Do you have your GG motion turned on whenever you raise your hand to look at your watch? I heard that drains alot of battery.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have your GG motion turned on whenever you raise your hand to look at your watch? I heard that drains alot of battery.

It does drain alot of battery,, comes on and off more than you realize.. I have that off and my watch hardly uses any battery. I also don't push emails. That's how I always set up my phones. I say "why do I need email pushed to me?" i treat email like the regular mail,, if i want to see if I have any mail I simply open the mailbox and check. Saves so much battery on both phone and watch. I have not charged my watch in 4 days now.

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the battery is great so far on the gear. I have not charged by gear for 3 days now and it's on 64 percent... After the first few days I turned off auto on when you lift hand. That is a serious battery drain. Goes on and off more then you realize. Once I turned that off the battery is incredible.. I don't see any inconvenience in pressing the button when I want to see the screen. This all being said I also shut the watch off when I go to sleep. Don't understand why I would need to keep it on when I'm sleeping.

Where is auto on? Would like to close that feature as well. Thanks

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It's in the gear app on your phone. Open the app,, go to settings and scroll down,, you will see the auto on switch

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes. And I work construction so my arms move a lot. Oddly I find that it turns on more frequently when driving and my arms a relatively still.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes. And I work construction so my arms move a lot. Oddly I find that it turns on more frequently when driving and my arms a relatively still.

Funny you say that because the other day I turned auto on on while I was driving just to see how much it would come on. It was coming on every few seconds while driving.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
My Gear is always on and connected to my phone. I charge every other day and usually only leave it on the charger for 30-45 minutes. I have the watch set to come on when I raise my arm. I do notice that it comes on more times than I want to look at it, but not too often for my tastes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol