Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JoeyyNY
  • 1 Post By Floridadomer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Just curious if you all keep you GG connected to your phone at night or at home? Also how often do you charge your gear? The way it looks for me, i have to charge mine every night.... good or bad thing?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Gear does not have the best battery

    Sent from my Sexy Galaxy Note 3
    htc evo 4g likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    I usually turn it off when I'm at home, and my phone is right next to me.
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    I keep mine on because I am constantly walking away from my phone and it vibrates to let me know it lost Bluetooth so its a nice reminder for me that I just left my phone in another room.
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy
    karsdroid likes this.
  5. #5  
    jschu22's Avatar

    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    My answer is yes, but no. The only time I don't wear it is when I'm charging it, and that's a relatively short time considering is charges quickly, and when I've switched to my iPhone. I prefer wearing it at night because I always wear a watch and for work reasons I want the alerts. I try to plan charging so that I won't have to overnight charge.
  6. #6  
    rajnet's Avatar

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Switch it off at night. Doubt I need to be alerted on what's going on at night

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    975 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    I disconnect my GG from the phone right before going to bed (but I never turn it off). I charge it each night, right next to the phone, but that's no big deal since I'm sleep anyway. I run so I take it off the charger usually around 4:30 am, and it's normally at, or near, 55% when I go to bed around 10 p.m.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    I wear mine around the house and often walk away from my phone. Not that it needs it, but I do charge mine every night when I go to bed
  9. #9  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    I think the battery is great so far on the gear. I have not charged by gear for 3 days now and it's on 64 percent... After the first few days I turned off auto on when you lift hand. That is a serious battery drain. Goes on and off more then you realize. Once I turned that off the battery is incredible.. I don't see any inconvenience in pressing the button when I want to see the screen. This all being said I also shut the watch off when I go to sleep. Don't understand why I would need to keep it on when I'm sleeping.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    I put my gear in its cradle when I go to bed. Not because I have to, rather due to the fact I don't need to sleep with it since I still use an alarm clock. Mine is usually @ 70% after a day of use.

    Posted via Android Central App
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    I put my gear in its cradle when I go to bed. Not because I have to, rather due to the fact I don't need to sleep with it since I still use an alarm clock. Mine is usually @ 70% after a day of use.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Man that is crazy good after just a days use. Mine is about < 50% what are your basic settings? timeout, motion, etc. How often to you look at your GG?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Default settings for the most part. Only thing I change are volume to the max. Background green. Text orange. Weather clock face. I am very ocd when I wear a watch and constantly look at it. I just don't get a lot of alerts.

    Posted via Android Central App
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    Default settings for the most part. Only thing I change are volume to the max. Background green. Text orange. Weather clock face. I am very ocd when I wear a watch and constantly look at it. I just don't get a lot of alerts.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Do you have your GG motion turned on whenever you raise your hand to look at your watch? I heard that drains alot of battery.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    Do you have your GG motion turned on whenever you raise your hand to look at your watch? I heard that drains alot of battery.
    It does drain alot of battery,, comes on and off more than you realize.. I have that off and my watch hardly uses any battery. I also don't push emails. That's how I always set up my phones. I say "why do I need email pushed to me?" i treat email like the regular mail,, if i want to see if I have any mail I simply open the mailbox and check. Saves so much battery on both phone and watch. I have not charged my watch in 4 days now.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  15. #15  
    rajnet's Avatar

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I think the battery is great so far on the gear. I have not charged by gear for 3 days now and it's on 64 percent... After the first few days I turned off auto on when you lift hand. That is a serious battery drain. Goes on and off more then you realize. Once I turned that off the battery is incredible.. I don't see any inconvenience in pressing the button when I want to see the screen. This all being said I also shut the watch off when I go to sleep. Don't understand why I would need to keep it on when I'm sleeping.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    Where is auto on? Would like to close that feature as well. Thanks

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    It's in the gear app on your phone. Open the app,, go to settings and scroll down,, you will see the auto on switch

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    rajnet 
  17. #17  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Yes. And I work construction so my arms move a lot. Oddly I find that it turns on more frequently when driving and my arms a relatively still.

    Posted via Android Central App
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D
  18. #18  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    Yes. And I work construction so my arms move a lot. Oddly I find that it turns on more frequently when driving and my arms a relatively still.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Funny you say that because the other day I turned auto on on while I was driving just to see how much it would come on. It was coming on every few seconds while driving.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?

    My Gear is always on and connected to my phone. I charge every other day and usually only leave it on the charger for 30-45 minutes. I have the watch set to come on when I raise my arm. I do notice that it comes on more times than I want to look at it, but not too often for my tastes.

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S3 keep rebooting over and over and over and won't stop.
    By Jessica Smith in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 05:01 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 04:01 PM
  3. If you guys haven't downloaded Textra yet nows the time.
    By semp1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 01:39 AM
  4. How do I set-up Email on GG
    By JoeyyNY in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 07:03 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions