Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch - Notifications are down (SMS wise)

Cd1014

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Gear yesterday, and discovered that the notifications system wasn't working for me. I spent an hour on live chat w/ samsung (no luck), then another 30 mins on Samsung call support with no luck as well, but also kinda discovered something.

So since no notifications were working and all the settings are set correctly (NFC, notifications on in the gear manager with the apps i want, SMS having notifications also...etc) I went into the archive app on the gear and saw Gmail. I clicked it, did the loading thing, sent a test email and now the gear is picking up emails.

But my issue is mainly texts, that's what I really want to get...lol. Samsung 'higher tier support' claims that notifications for SMS are not working for a lot of people right now, but I don't believe that since I got emails to finally go through.

Question is, how do I get SMS' to start coming to the gear? It's the only thing that's not really sending me notify's to my gear. I was able to get calls, contacts, call history, emails, calender events and some others, just not texts...and I was using 3rd party apps, which I completely uninstalled as well to see if the standard samsung apps would fix it, but it didn't.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 with the new update for the gear. Everything is up to date (from what I checked).

Any help would be great :D Thanks!

Hey so I actually have been dealing with this provoked all day long and have done everything I know to fix it. I disconnected, restarted both, turned both off and reset my gear live to no avail. After reading some comments here I tried switching my security from swipe to pattern. Lo and behold my gear live lit up AND vibrated. My phone screen WAS on but I was not in the app. Not liking to have a pattern set up I turned my security back to swipe (waiting for that lollipop trusted devices update) and texted myself to see if I got a notification. I exited the app and had my phone screen on. I got the notification on my GL. I tried email and my GL once again vibrated and lit up.
Hope this helps, best of luck.

kc05chu

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Gear S is linked to my Note 2.
When I first got it, it worked fine but than updated and a few days passed and there are no longer any notifications on my phone.. doesn't beep does not vibrate.
I tried all the things stated above and none of them worked..
The only notifications on my Gear S is when my phone is on and I am in a facebook chat.. than the Gear S vibrates...
So its doing the complete opposite..
Us early adapters... just had to be the first ones..
HELP PLEASE!

ClayBird1481

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Gear S2 3G last weekend. Everything was working fine. Now I have the same issue. No texts from my phones stock messaging app. I do get notifications and ability to reply on the phone using a third party app. I also can send messages with the message app on the watch. Frustrated

aussic

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I was able to solve my S2 3G text notification issues with a work around. I tried several third party apps, the first few failed either in notification or the ability to respond. I did find that if you download and make Textra your default message app, it all works.

afshan hashemi

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I bought my Gear yesterday, and discovered that the notifications system wasn't working for me. I spent an hour on live chat w/ samsung (no luck), then another 30 mins on Samsung call support with no luck as well, but also kinda discovered something.

So since no notifications were working and all the settings are set correctly (NFC, notifications on in the gear manager with the apps i want, SMS having notifications also...etc) I went into the archive app on the gear and saw Gmail. I clicked it, did the loading thing, sent a test email and now the gear is picking up emails.

But my issue is mainly texts, that's what I really want to get...lol. Samsung 'higher tier support' claims that notifications for SMS are not working for a lot of people right now, but I don't believe that since I got emails to finally go through.

Question is, how do I get SMS' to start coming to the gear? It's the only thing that's not really sending me notify's to my gear. I was able to get calls, contacts, call history, emails, calender events and some others, just not texts...and I was using 3rd party apps, which I completely uninstalled as well to see if the standard samsung apps would fix it, but it didn't.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 with the new update for the gear. Everything is up to date (from what I checked).

Any help would be great :D Thanks!

afshan hashemi

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I bought my gear 2 days ago and I had this problem until today I searched in Google I read suggestions but wasn't help full for me so I finally found what I should do...I install go SMS pro (or any other apps similar SMS manager)then I put it as default and I turned the notification on in my phone and gear app and just it! my problem fixed!
I hope it was help full

aussic

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have had my Gear 2 for over a year, text have never been consistent from the stock messenger app for me. I use Textra for my SMS, MMS, and it works flawless. Try downloaded it, updating your notifications to reflect notification for it, and see if it works for you. Hope it helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non