• 4 Post By cehowardNote3
  • 1 Post By Haalcyon
  • 3 Post By rgriffin25
  • 1 Post By rajnet
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Default Should I get the GG - Yes or no

I just read through so many posts.. So I'm just gonna ask if I should get the GG. I'm just looking for a yes or no. If you say no, could you state why please. Thanks guys.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Should I get the GG - Yes or no

There is no Yes or No that we can give you. By now you may know what the GG is capable of and only you can decide if those things are meaningful and worth the money to you. If $300 is a negligible amount for you (it is not for me) than that may make the decision easier. I CAN write that I tried the GG and decided it did not provide enough value to me over other tech in the same price range (ie., why get a GG when I didn't already have a 32GB Nexus 7?).

Think it over.
    Last edited by Haalcyon; 11-11-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    dt81 

No, it is not worth $300.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    dt81 
    Live2ride883, rsmin and neonworm like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Well, I think I will get it and if I dont like it, return it with in the 14 days.

Definitely not worth 300. I have it,, love it,, but I also got a incredible deal on it or else I would not have spent 300 dollars on it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    dt81 

If you can afford it (without putting a dent in your bank), yes.
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by 2:
    dt81zmann 

my usual watch was $150 so $300 for a smartwatch wasn't a stretch. only you can decide if its worth it to you. i decided the same thing, get it and try it out for the 14 days and take it back if it didn't thrill me, and like i've said before. i had it packaged back up ready to return and then had a couple moments of, dang if only i had my gear on..............so i took it back out of the box and have been using it ever since.
    Thanked by 2:
    dt81UsedName 
    DAS likes this.

Like most people said here its worth it but not worth the $300 price tag....kind of. Most people don't realize that this is a small computer on your wrist. The Galaxy Gear has some same specs as an early cell phone with out the cell antenna also running Andriod. I hold out to get the gear for a deal and now I have it I'm very happy with it and use it on a daily basis even if it's only been a few days.lol

So, if you want to be an early adapter I say go for it....If not look for a deal on it and enjoy having one of the most exciting tech gadgets of 2013.
    Last edited by UsedName; 11-17-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dt81 View Post
    I just read through so many posts.. So I'm just gonna ask if I should get the GG. I'm just looking for a yes or no. If you say no, could you state why please. Thanks guys.

No, because the less peeps with a Gear on, the cooler I look..
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    No, because the less peeps with a Gear on, the cooler I look..
    Lol. That wins.

G2
    Live long and prosper.

alexkelleher likes this.

Yes - rather than looking at what it is.. Think about how it compares to other $300 watches. Do any of them notify you of text messages? Do any of them allow you to customize the face as frequently as you like? Can you make phone calls with other $300 watches? The only thing up for debate in my opinion is whether or not you like the way it looks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I just jumped ship from iPhone (had one of each revision since the first iPhone) to Note 3 and decided to buy a GG. I like it a lot (albeit a little less since they just toasted notifications on the latest code drop). I also wear watches that range form $150-400, so 300 for a watch isn't a big stretch for me. That said if Samsung can get the firmware fix out that get's notifications fixed then I think I'll be keeping mine and maybe selling a couple of my "old" automatics. Compared to the Pebble and the Sony I think the GG is better finished and more stylish, for those who like wearing watches.It actually works as a dress watch , whereas the Pebble and Sony feel and look "cheaper". However you really need to try one out to figure out if it works for you. My only concern is with durability. Although the watch was rated IP55 () Samsung doesn't recommend exposure to water (which is kinda dunb for a watch IMO).

Well, just like anything that is super good, not for everybody. It would be a pretty dam boring watch if EVERYBODY liked it.. However, if it wasn't my cup of tea, I wouldn't be saying it is not worth it, or not somebody else's cup of tea.. I align with the last couple posters, I think it is cool as chit... Sure, it got a few hang ups, so did my Note 3 when I got it.. My Wifi on my Note 3 made my voice garbled, had to turn it off. However, they fixed that with an update.. Right now, I think somebody said an update did something to the notifications. Well, they will get it right at some point in the near future... Right now, the watch is cool on my arm, I look cool with it on, I feel cool with it on, because I am cool!! (wrinkled old grin)

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Definitely not worth 300. I have it,, love it,, but I also got a incredible deal on it or else I would not have spent 300 dollars on it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    What deal did you get? How much was the GG??

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

It's definitely worth it. It's a watch that gives you notifications. Name another watch that does the the Gear does.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Beautiful watch plus a phone plus all app notifier plus apps and a camera what else can one want. Worth every penny especially after the latest firmware update now you can even reply back messages using templates or make your own. Also get notifications for news, sports scores, emails, text, what's app, BBM etc

htc evo 4g likes this.

100% definitely worth it especially after the update. If this update made the GG worth it, whats in store for the next one?...How can it get any better?

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Yes

Yes. Its not a watch but more of an extension to your phone.

Yes it's worth it, now I have caller ID on my motorcycle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app