Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New firmware update!

Per: XDA Forums

Apparently, Samsung is rolling out a new firmware update that allows for full Gmail notifications and others and a text message response template!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: New firmware update!

How do you update the gear? Edit,, never mind,, got it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    How do you update the gear? Edit,, never mind,, got it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    What are the significant changes??

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

No update for me yet...USA, Central time zone. My current firmware version is JDQ39.V700XXUAMII
    What version is the new firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by 67srbell View Post
    Per: XDA Forums

Apparently, Samsung is rolling out a new firmware update that allows for full Gmail notifications and others and a text message response template!

Just updated but no, no full gmail notification. mine still tells me to check my phone...sigh!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    Just updated but no, no full gmail notification. mine still tells me to check my phone...sigh!
    Me too

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I received a Galaxy Gear app update today, but no firmware update is available when I check for updates in the app.

From Slash Gear:
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Manager update expands notifications to all apps - SlashGear
    "You will need to make sure your Galaxy Gear is running the latest version of the firmware. Remember, Samsung rolled out a small firmware update last week. Assuming that is in place, you will be able to grab the latest version of the Galaxy Gear Manager app from the Samsung Apps store. This update has the Gear Manager app sitting at version 1.5.111304."

I am not sure if I even got the small firmware update last week. I didn't manually install it, not sure if it if it auto updated. My Gear Manager version is 1.2.131013. When I try to update it, it says its up to date.
    You were born an original. Don't Die a C OPY
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Floridadomer View Post
    From Slash Gear:
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Manager update expands notifications to all apps - SlashGear
    "You will need to make sure your Galaxy Gear is running the latest version of the firmware. Remember, Samsung rolled out a small firmware update last week. Assuming that is in place, you will be able to grab the latest version of the Galaxy Gear Manager app from the Samsung Apps store. This update has the Gear Manager app sitting at version 1.5.111304."

I am not sure if I even got the small firmware update last week. I didn't manually install it, not sure if it if it auto updated. My Gear Manager version is 1.2.131013. When I try to update it, it says its up to date.
    I have the one that ends in 304 and even though the Gmail and Facebook apps are checked in Notifications in Gear Manager, they still do not display as full messages on my Gear.

MIne updated to 304 this morning. I am no longer getting the text body for emails, only "view on device". Is there a way to roll back to the previous version? I reset the gear, maybe there is more housecleaning on my Note 3 required?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by N949KC View Post
    MIne updated to 304 this morning. I am no longer getting the text body for emails, only "view on device". Is there a way to roll back to the previous version? I reset the gear, maybe there is more housecleaning on my Note 3 required?
    One must assume that Samsung is in the midst of the worldwide roll out and may just take a few days (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by N949KC View Post
    Settings,application manager,downloaded,gear manager,Uninstall Updates
    You were born an original. Don't Die a C OPY

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

There is both a manager update and a firmware update. The manager update has rolled out, the firmware update has not rolled out in the U.S. yet. Both are required for the new notification system to operate.

Edit: The firmware is available from xda and sammobile (get the U.K. version and sideload via odin) or use Gear Getter (on xda) in the meantime.

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

I got an update yesterday morning but my notifications aren't better. I even uninstalled the Gear manager app and still couldn't get the updated notification list in the app. But now my notifications are on the front page of the app.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I updated mine this morning and it says 1.5.111304 but I'm still getting same notifications even with everything checked. The only difference is they moved the notifications option to the main screen? I believe I have to download the latest Samsung firmware update but I can't find how to...

I followed these instructions yesterday on my VZW Gear/Note 3 and everything is working correctly. Much more useful now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=118

Posted via Android Central App

To summarize:

New update for US customers takes away "body content" from emails for some reason.

New update for UK customers adds many more notifications capabilities for the Gear. Now you can read content from Gmail, Whatsapp, Facebook and many more. Check out this thread (with pictures): Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*! - xda-developers

You can either download and install UK update for your Gear (how-to in XDA thread - I haven't done it ... yet), or wait until Samsung decides to treat us US customers to the new update.
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USA Carry View Post
    I followed these instructions yesterday on my VZW Gear/Note 3 and everything is working correctly. Much more useful now.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*!

I've been messing around with this all morning. I've tried everything and nothing worked for me EXCEPT this. It was a pain to download three things (Odin, driver, and firmware M7) but definitely worth it! I can't believe I can FINALLY get my Gmail, Instagram, BofA, Google Keep, and Scorecenter alerts on my Gear :-) 100% satisfied customer here.

P.S. I'm on Verizon S4 with stock 4.3

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I forgot to mention that along with the support for all notifications, they also added "manage text templates" so you can create custom canned responses to reply to texts (haven't tried if it works on email). I've got 12 responses saved in there and I still have the option to add more. AND they added a "preview message" option that allows you to view the text on you Gear as soon as it comes in without even tapping the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom925 View Post
    I've been messing around with this all morning. I've tried everything and nothing worked for me EXCEPT this. It was a pain to download three things (Odin, driver, and firmware M7) but definitely worth it! I can't believe I can FINALLY get my Gmail, Instagram, BofA, Google Keep, and Scorecenter alerts on my Gear :-) 100% satisfied customer here.

P.S. I'm on Verizon S4 with stock 4.3
    Can you go back to the US version when they decide to update it? Is that done by reseting the Gear?
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

I went and updated the app with the UK version from the link and it didn't change anything for me

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mine worked fine, so much cooler now! Gmail works like a charm, also more organized to check notifications from each app.

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Works great here, all the additional options showed right up.

Anyone using the S4 having any luck with the new update?

I called Samsung support last nite before I found out I needed new firmware. They sure didnt know that or offer that up. Won't do that again.

robertmarkbram likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast