Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch - weather update

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
how do I get the weather to update when changing location? I go to setting and click current location and it works...but later it won't refresh at a different location!!!

sublate

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I have this same issue. Weather hasn't updated since Dec 27 in clock. When I open weather app on watch it says no city, even though I have a city set on galaxy gear weather app on
the phone.

I think this watch is garbage... but it's too late to return it.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
You have to have a widget getting weather from accuweather on the phone. There is a stock widget or I use HDWidgets and set it to use accuweather

Ni Hammad

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Actually there are weather settings deep inside the gear manager options. Took me forever to find!

Posted via Android Central App

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
You have to have a widget getting weather from accuweather on the phone. There is a stock widget or I use HDWidgets and set it to use accuweather

Does that sync multiple locations? I hate using tw launcher on my phone but since the stock weather widget can't be put on the lock screen anymore or another launcher it seems I'm stuck with touch wiz launcher if I want the weather to update on the gear. I tried HD widgets on nova and the lock screen but the gear wouldn't update. How did you get that to work?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
It just worked. Now I will say it doesn't pick up on locations changes well from HDWidgets, I have had use the stock weather widget when traveling. Just updating the widget on the phone for the new location has brought the watch in tow automagically.

ToddShellnutt

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
From the main screen, touch the apps icon
Touch the Samsung icon
Touch the Gear Manager icon
Touch My Apps
At the top of the screen, touch Apps
Scroll down to Weather and touch the cog on the right
Touch the box to activate "Use current location"
Touch the home button and your done.

djghettoredneck

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
If your stock weather widget is turned off, then no weather on your Gear. You don't have the actually widget active just turned on in application manager.

countrydoc

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Samsung GEAR settings:
Applications/
Manage Applications
Weather
Auto Refresh set for what ever you little heart desires. Mine is set for 1 hour.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance